1yr cardio checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

I had my 1 yr cardio checkup today and basically the cardiologist kicked me out of his office and told me to come back in a year. No more baby aspirin and Im cutting my Beta-blocker down to 25mg per day. He told me that after 6 weeks if I see no changes that I can eliminate the Beta-blocker all together ! woo hoo ! So I will be down to Coumadin only if all goes as planned.

I was kinda stressed leading up to this appointment. Physically I feel great but my mind still plays tricks on me when I get the occasional ache or pain. Im convinced now that my diet is probably the culprit. I eat well 90% of the time (lots of fish, chicken and veggies) but when I fall off the wagon (or eat the wagon) I get discomfort just below my ribcage and in my left shoulder. I've started a food diary and Im making notes when I get discomfort. Seems fairly consistent that bad food for a day or two = feeling crappy the next day. I can handle one bad meal its when I eat high fat for several meals in a row that it gets to me.

Good news. Congratulations.
You and I had our surgeries the same week and I've been seeing my cardio first off, every two months and then he went to three months. I see him end of the week and hope he'll give me more time between visits. I haven't had any serious bumps or a difficult recovery but he's extra careful with me seeing it's my second OHS and I have other heart issues.

Really happy for you. Congratulations.

Good news! Hard to believe it's been 1 year! Time flies when you're having 'fun'. ;)

Back