1st day back at work!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67walkon

It has been just a few days more than 4 weeks and I went back to work today. Everything was fine until about 3:00, and then it was like someone pulled the plug on me. I came home, laid down on the sofa and fell asleep within a few moments.

You guys are right about this energy level business! I guess I'll just do what I can, leave when I need to, and work through it.

Everything else is going really well. It still amazes me I have had no sternum pain to speak of!

John

John,

Glad things are going so well. I can still recall feeling fine and whamo....like you said it was like the plug was pulled. It takes time. Just rest when you need to.

Tom

He he ... that just kinda sneaks up on ya, don't it?

After my January 2003 surgery, I went back to work on a Friday at the end of February. By the following Wednesday, my boss told me I wasn't going to do this anymore. I looked at her, a bit frightened. She said, "oh no no no....you're fine. You're just not staying here all day long. You're calling your surgeon to get a note to be on half days for as long as you need". I was on half days through the end of March ... and took advantage of that with a couple of weekend road trips in March ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"My heart is like an open highway" ... Bon Jovi ... 'It's My Life'

back at work

back at work

I returned to work in May because I couldn't afford to be off any longer. I work 40 hours a week and it's way more exhausting than I want it to be. I am strongly considering working less hours and am asking my doctors next week about it. I think I forget that I'm not how I used to be actively and should be more cautious.
Viki

Excellent news...now for the bike!

Excellent news...now for the bike!

John

Good to hear you're doing so well. I do still find myself getting a little sleepy in late afternoon. A couple times I have drifted off in front of my screen.

When will you be able to try the bike? Are you going to do stationary for a while first?

Fast Eddie

Glad to hear you are doing well, but too bad about going back to work so soon. You have a perfect excuse to rest and relax for awhile.

Eddie, I'm going to try the stationary bike next week and if all goes well, the real bike in a couple of weeks after that.

Today is my 3d day back and I'm tired. This probably calls for an afternoon nap!

John:

Getting up because you HAVE to, dressing, eating breakfast, driving to work, walking to your place of business are all physical work. While you're home recovering, you do things at your speed.

Latest posts

Back