17 Years and Still A-Goin!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesMom

Yup, seventeen years ago today I was given a shiny, lovely new mechanical aortic valve and thankfully have been doing well ever since. Well, save for a pesky li'l thing called an aortic aneurysm. : ) So I'm going to have loads of pizza, chocolate cake, ice cake and give thanks for all the medical folks who gave me a new lease on life.

After that, I'll make some popcorn and settle in to see who wins the Iowa Caucuses tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well. Cheers!

DavesMom;n862244 said:
Yup, seventeen years ago today I was given a shiny, lovely new mechanical aortic valve and thankfully have been doing well ever since.......

......After that, I'll make some popcorn.....

Congratulations on the seventeen years.......and I think popcorn is the key to long term success......LOL.

Congratulations - may you have at least another 17 years out of it!

My MVR is only 13 years old - I have it as a contact in my address book so I get birthday reminders for it. I've religiously kept it well lubricated with alcohol so hopefully that will get me to at least 17 years before my liver starts complaining.

Back