17 days and feeling good!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail in Ca

Hi all,
I'm walking twice a day now, about 4 blocks, so I'm feeling better and better.
My surgery went very well, 12 hours on the table. I had a aortic valve with conduit replacing my existing mechanical, which the endocarditis had infected.
He placed it a bit higher and felt I would get better results with it. Dr Miller also was able to repair my mitral valve using a ring for tightness. This valve also showed effects from the infection, which he was able to fix. I'm glad not to have 2 mechanicals. I ended up with a pressure sore on my boney heel so I have to wear backless shoes and prop my foot up on a pillow when I sleep. They were surprised I got one so soon, and decided it was because of the surgery marathon. Now, my heart must get used to more pressure instead of the volume it was used to with my leaky mitral. He said I should feel better than I've felt in years!
That's all for now.
Gail

Hi Gail, so glad to hear your doing well!!
Keep up the walking even if it's only alittle bit at a time,
that is what will help you get better faster.
Take care Debbie :)

I'm so glad to read this news, Gail. I've wondered every day how you were getting along. I'm glad it is going well.:)

Back