15 Years Tomorrow!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesMom

Hi everybody,

My mechanical aortic valve and I will celebrate our 15th anniversary tomorrow, February 1st, with pizza and a movie. You are all welcome to attend. : )

Can't believe it's been that long. I've been extremely fortunate and still very grateful to my surgeon and the whole cardiac "Team Dave's Mom." : ) Only problem has been the development of another ascending aortic aneurysm, which is now at 4.5 cm.

Hope everyone is well. Cheers!

A big congrats are in order on celebrating 15 years! So sorry to hear about the aneurysm. I, like Duffey sincerely wish that the aneurysm remains stable for a very long time and hopefully indefinitely. :)
May I ask? Where was the first aneurysm located and where is the 'new' aneurysm?

Thanks for the best wishes. Weather's lousy so we decided to postpone the pizza and movie. : )

Ottagal, to be honest, I don't remember where the first aneurysm was located. The surgeon made a last-minute decision to go ahead and repair it while he was replacing the valve. He said it would've eventually needed repair and thought it was best to give me a "twofer" and do it at the same time.

The new aneurysms are in the distal ascending aorta and the arch. The CT scans have also shown aneurysmal dilations of the brachiocephalic artery, the origins of the left common carotid and subclavian arteries. Sounds like a lot to me so I'm hoping all stays stable for a long time. However, I'm very small so think I might need it repaired before it reaches the 5.0 cm threshold doctors tend to use.

Thanks again for the best wishes and take care!

Back