10K in UTAH

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodi

After being on the injured list(fracture in my left heel)since mid-December and not running for over 10 weeks, I ran a 10K this weekend in St. George, UT (one of my favorite places). I've only been back on the roads for 3 1/2 weeks and wasn't sure what to expect. First if was a little colder than I prefer. I don't function well under 65º. It was probably mid-high 30s at the start, but the sun was out. I'm also prone to exercise-induced asthma when it is cold so did experience that right about mile one. Mile one to two was a struggle but as I warmed up I got into a decent pace the rest of the race. My finish time was 1:04:47, good for 3rd in the 70-74 age group. Far from my best but considering where I'm coming from I was satisfied. I have two 1/2 marys coming up, one in two weeks the other the following week. Not sure what to expect, but as usual, happy I can even say I'm running. :):)

Hey Kodi, great to hear your back to running! 30 degrees is way too cold, I would'nt do well with that. When is your next race??
Take care Debbie :)

Kodi...you make me laugh!:D
I won't see 65 degrees for 3 more months! I was happy yesterday for 35 degrees and sun! Great job on the come back trail....keep it up!

Hey Kodi, great to hear your back to running! 30 degrees is way too cold, I would'nt do well with that. When is your next race??
Take care Debbie :)

I have two 1/2 marathons on the schedule. One in Laughlin on a flat dirt trail, right along the Colorado River. I'm only using this as a long run for the second one. It's a week later here in Lake Havasu. The first is March 28, the other April 4.

After being on the injured list(fracture in my left heel)since mid-December and not running for over 10 weeks, I ran a 10K this weekend in St. George, UT (one of my favorite places).

My finish time was 1:04:47, good for 3rd in the 70-74 age group. Far from my best but considering where I'm coming from I was satisfied. I have two 1/2 marys coming up, one in two weeks the other the following week. Not sure what to expect, but as usual, happy I can even say I'm running. :):)

Awesome! How did you fracture your heel? Sounds painful....Good luck with your 1/2s, I'm jealous.:)

Awesome! How did you fracture your heel? Sounds painful....Good luck with your 1/2s, I'm jealous.:)

Not sure. We think it started as a stress fracture and I ignored the minor symptoms. To only complicate matters I ended up with a severe case of plantar fasciitis and ended up with a cortisone shot...in the heel...which was more painful than the fasciitis. I think I'm pretty well recovered now.

That's a pretty big initial jump on the comeback trail. I'd have opted for a 5k first to see how I could handle the stress of racing after a big layoff.

Latest posts

Back