10 days post op, tricuspid valve re-do & maze precudure. A fib issues return??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee1lpool

Hi guys,

On 2/10/1012 I had a re-do tricuspid tissue valve replacement, biatrial maze procedure(A fib/flutter) and a right atrium reduction(was severely enlarged). Also taking warfarin & bisoprolol 2.5 mg.

My heart did not start in theatre after the surgery and was put on a pacemaker for 48 hours in intensive care. Day 2 heart rate of 45bpm increased to 60bpm on day 3 and was taken off the pacemaker. This made me paranoid taking bisoprolol in case my heart stopped so stopped take it.

Day 3-day 9(discharge). I had a ECG everyday in normal sinus rhythm averaging 70bpm (without the bisoprolol), and heart computer scan showed very good tricuspid valve function. Had very good BP averaging 120/75. I had to wait 6 hours for discharge for the senior consultant to discharge me and sort my meds. The wait made me very stressed and more breathless than usual.

Since I got home over the last 24 hours my heart rate has shot up to 180bpm, then to 90bmp, then 130bmp etc. Ive picked up a chest infection so not sure if that`s contributed to my heart going chaotic. I`m back on my bisoprolol and things have settled down.

I was expecting some dissruption to my heart rate for a while, but not so chaotic after having the maze procedure done. After having such a steady heart rate for almost a week in hospital then to all the A Fib stuff back. I`m confused? Any tips, or anyone had this after the maze procedure?

Other than that, I`m having a reasonable recovery 2nd week post op,and grateful to my surgical team.

Lee

Back