1 Year today!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry45

Today is my one year anniversary! Celebrated by doing the same things I did last year...well almost everything! Thank God I didnt do "everything" like last year. Me and the same three coworkers went to Savannah for the same three day trip as last year, stayed in the same hotel and got up and went to the same park and did a three mile run! Only this time I finished the run, which felt really good BTW..and made the trip home with them this year. I was really surprised to get a phone call from my surgeon, DR Heidary. Said he just wanted to check to see how I was doing and make sure all was well...really made my day.

Thanks to DR Heidary and his staff, the OR and ER at Memorial University Hospital in Savannah, family, friends and co-workers. Also want to thank the fine folks on this board. You all have been a huge help and confidence builder. Just what I've needed. It's been an eventful year to say the least. I still feel like I have a way to go to get back to 100% but I'm working on it.

Congrats, Terry! Actually, today, August 9th is MY one year anniversary from getting a bovine aortic valve installed by Dr. Luber's team at St. Joe's Hospital in Tacoma, WA. It was a very stressful time leading up to the surgery but in hindsight, it is all a blur now! I really have trouble remembering a lot of details about the time in the hospital.
I feel great and although I decided to give up running (mostly because of the knees), I do still exercise several times a week on the elliptical trainer and the weight machines. I've retired and taken up golf which replaces the stress I had at work (most frustrating game ever)!

I really feel lucky to live in a time where heart surgery is not only possible but almost common, in many cities across the world. And like you, Terry, I thank all the folks on this forum that support all the "new" members. Steve, you were one of the folks that sent me detailed emails to help me cope with the upcoming surgery. It was really great to communicate with others that had been through it.

Back