1 Year - Today !!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindFaith

It's been a great year. A healthy year. I do have a scar and I still have to hold my chest when I cough or sneeze... BUT, I made it. I don't have shortness of breath. I don't get dizzy walking up stairs. In many respects, you'd never know I had open heart surgery. Incredible technology, incredible doctors... I am thankful. And although I have not been here to the site very often lately, I am still very thankful for the support I received here.

Good luck to all the recent OHS folks, it gets better !! and to all those in the waiting room, remember, it is not nearly as bad as you imagine. Really !

Dan

Congrats!!! My aniversary is next month and i feel great! I havent been on much lately and i feel guilty, but im here and your here, and we have this site and God to be thankful for.

Dan, I'm glad to hear that your first year has gone well. I was walking up a hill a few weeks ago and suddenly remembered the last time I had been there just before surgery. I had to stop half way up and was exhausted by the time I got to the top. Now...not even breathing hard and no need to pause. On my afternoon walk, I may have an occasional problem with my right calf and shin but I don't run out breath. It is truly wonderful what the new valve has made possible. Moo!

Larry

Last edited:
Such a nice and encouraging and upbeat post, Dan, as yours always seem to be. Continued best wishes :)

Latest posts

Back