1 year for me!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Hi all. It will be one year for me on 9-13. I am going to Disney with my wife to enjoy that day along with a few more. So, I thought I would post early. Everything is mostly back to the new normal. I am more careful now so I dont get hurt but I still do everything I used to do. My inr seems to be stable now and stays around 2.3. I just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words and support. Also, I had my one year echo and I wanted to post the results. I was really pleased to see my left ventrical went from 6.7 presurgery to 4.6. That was the trigger for my surgery and I was told by multiple Doctors that it wouldn't return back to a normal size because it had grown so large. Well now it is well within the normal range! On the downside I have a question about valve leakage. All my valves appear to have some leakage and My on-x aortic valve says "Trace to mild aortic regurgitation. Some of the AI appears perivalvular". I had my echo after my cardiologist visit so I'll need to wait 6 months to see her. The Dr. office left me a message and said everything was normal. I requested the results. Perivalvular leakage does not sound good. I dont know if that means that blood is going around my valve. If that causes more problems or gets worse over time. I guess im going to worry about that for a while. Anyway, thanks everyone!!

REASON FOR STUDY: Aortic valve replacement
HISTORY: Aortic Insuffincency
HEIGHT: 68 in WEIGHT: 148 lb BSA: 1.8 meters2 BP: 118/70 mmHg
PROCEDURE DETAILS: A complete two-dimensional transthoracic echocardiogram was performed (2D, M-mode, spectral
and color flow Doppler).(933306). The study was technically adequate . Date of previous study(s) 07/28/2011.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSIONS
The left ventricular size, thickness and function are normal
There is a mechanical aortic valve.
Trace to mild aortic regurgitation. Some of the AI appears perivalvular.
There is mild mitral regurgitation.

Measurements with Normals
LA dimension: 3.0 cm(1.9-4.0 cm) Ao root diam: 3.3 cm(2.3-3.7 cm)
__
LVIDd: 4.6 cm(3.7-5.6 cm) LVIDs: 2.9 cm(1.8-4.2 cm)
__
IVSd: 0.93 cm(0.6-1.1 cm) LVPWs: 1.7 cm(0.8-2.0 cm)
__
LVPWd: 0.88 cm(0.6-1.1 cm) RVDd: 2.2 cm(0.7-2.3 cm)
MMode/2D MEASUREMENTS & CALCULATIONS
FS: 35.5 %
EDV(Teich): 95.2 ml
ESV(Teich): 33.3 ml

DOPPLER MEASUREMENTS & CALCULATIONS
MV E max vel: 79.4 cm/sec MV dec time: 0.27 sec
MV A max vel: 59.4 cm/sec
MV E/A: 1.3
__
Ao V2 max: 192.7 cm/sec
Ao max PG: 14.9 mmHg PA acc slope: 461.0 cm/sec2
Ao V2 mean: 137.3 cm/sec PA acc time: 0.16 sec
Ao mean PG: 8.5 mmHg
Ao V2 VTI: 44.5 cm
__
TR max vel: 215.8 cm/sec PA pr(Accel): 7.7 mmHg
TR max PG: 18.6 mmHg
LEFT VENTRICLE:
The left ventricular size, thickness and function are normal. The left ventricular ejection fraction is 55-
60%. The left ventricular wall motion is normal.
LEFT ATRIUM/ATRIAL SEPTUM:
The left atrial size is normal.
RIGHT ATRIUM:
Right atrium is normal.
RIGHT VENTRICLE:
The right ventricle is normal in size and function.
AORTIC VALVE:
Aortic max pressure gradient= 15 mmHg. Aortic mean pressure gradient= 8 mmHg. Trace to mild aortic
regurgitation. There is a mechanical aortic valve.
MITRAL VALVE:
The mitral valve is normal in structure and function. There is mild mitral regurgitation.
TRICUSPID VALVE:
The tricuspid valve is normal in structure and function. There is trace tricuspid regurgitation.
PULMONIC VALVE:
The pulmonic valve is normal. Trace pulmonic valvular regurgitation.
ARTERIES:
The aortic root is normal size. Normal ascending aortic arch. The pulmonary artery is not well visualized, but
is probably normal size.
VENOUS:
The inferior vena cava is normal in size, and collapses normally with respiration.
PERICARDIUM/PLEURA:
There is no significant pericardial effusion.

Congrats on your first valversary and enjoy many more ! :)

Your post op echo looks very similar to mine. It is quite common to have other valves with "trace" or "mild" regurg; maybe it is a
compensatory effect from the mech valve. Not sure, but we see if often.
Have a good trip.

Thanks Bina. You always make me feel better. I was stressing over the "Some of the AI appears perivalvular" comment, but now im hoping its not serious. I will try and call my Dr. office tomorrow for clarification.

Latest posts

Back