1 month post op clinic appointment....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah_Louise

Hey everyone,
Hope your all well,
I've just been to post op clinic and i don't no what to make of it to be honest, granted my consultant didn't tell me anything i didn't already no RE OHS, but my pulmonary valve is still leaking, my aortic valve is leaking, my conduit pipe/pulmonary artery is narrow and my right sided heart pressures are still high, granted my pulmonary valve isn't leaking AS much and the pressure isn't AS high as it was pre-op, but there isn't a massive improvement as i was hoping for really :( my consultant is litteraly waiting for my aortic valve to fail ( which is a waiting game, he reakons about 4 years time, but could be as long as 8 ) then i will have a 'massive' OHS, bigger than any ive had in my past as he says i will 'get a new engine' i will get a:
1. New pulmonary valve
2. New pulmonary artery conduit pipe
3. New aortic valve
Because he could give me OHS now for the pulmonary valve but it would meaning me needing another in about 4 years time, so rather than me rack up the numbers of open heart surgery currently had 4, and put my life on the line twice again, he's hoping my pulmonary will hold out long enough, for him to go yeah the aortic one is ready for replacement, lets go,
He also said the 7 day ECG tape i had on showed some extra beats and arythmia's, but not ones you can die from or cause strokes, but to solve the type i've got, they need to up my dose of beta blocker as im already on 100mg of carvedilol-its a high dose, any higher, it will comprimse the circulation in my legs even more, so where holding out and will have a repeat tape in the coming months,
So yeah I'm a bit hmmmm tonight, it's been a wierd one appointment wise, but hey ho i'm still alive and kicking, (well alive, kicking hurts at the minute ;) lmao!) hey-if i didn't laugh i'd cry :p
Will post my echo numbers when i get the clinic letter in a few week,
Hope your all doing well,
Sarah xxxxx

Hi Sarah. I'm sorry that things arn't as great as they could be for you. It is still early after your last surgery and I hope to see you improve more as time goes on. Just take it easy and take care of yourself. I think your consultant is trying to give you good advice to only have one more surgery if you can.
It's good to hear from you, Scott

Sorry the news isn't better, but good to hear that they are holding out for one more instead of multiples. Stay strong!

I'm in awe of you Sarah. Can't believe how much that you have already gone through and yet still face. You are a real inspiration to me. I wish that you would have received better news... I guess the best we can do is be thankful for today. It would appear to me that you already figured that part out. I pray that things get easier for you. Always enjoy reading your postings and words of encouragement. You are amazing and I am thankful that you are on here with us. Things will be ok for you. They have to....you are one of the good ones. Take care!

Tom

Sorry the news wasn't what you were hoping for, but keep your chin up. While this may be discouraging to most, you are the type of strong person that can handle this and come out smiling at the end. Prayers and warm thoughts going out to you!

~Marc

Latest posts

Back