Question about outrageous advice thread

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie85

The thread that is sticky notes above regarding Outrageous Advice is closed, I hope it's ok to open one up here to ask about something in it and that someone in the know sees this to answer it.

There is a link in the thread to a website hosted by someone named Al. The link is still clickable but goes to an advertisement to buy the website ""Warfarinfo.com"". I'm not positive I'm remembering the website name right, it's whatever is linked on that thread. I'm also not finding anything when I type Al Lodwick's name in directly as a search.

Is his site still up or active? Is there another name for it? BTW there was a reference to some sort of institute associated with his name, but that didn't work either.

Anyone with info on this?????

Thanks, Linda

Al Ludwick was a pharmacist who lectured on, and taught, warfarin management to INR lab people and was active on this site when I first joined. He also maintained his own internet site for warfarin info and management. He knew a lot about the drug, INR, interactions, the does and donts in dealing with ACT. As far as I know, he has not posted since his rertirement a few years ago and he closed his internet site. I still his dosing chart for making adjustments.

Hi

further to what Dick said, there is still a way to access the content of the site, that is by "the WayBack machine". It provides historical snapshots of sites ... I think there was a link to it.

The thread that is sticky notes above regarding Outrageous Advice is closed, I hope it's ok to open one up here to ask about something in it and that someone in the know sees this to answer it.

what was the question?

The question was about getting to his site so I could see what info was on it and sort of to let the moderators here know the link they have on the sticky doesn't work. As a newbie, I had no way of knowing what was up with the link and wondered why I couldn't access it. Was the problem I had with my equipment or the link.

Too bad he closed the site down, looked like he had some interesting info. Never heard of the "way back machine" and haven't seen the link you refer to anywhere. Search here doesn't show anything like that sort of link.

Thanks for letting us know. It might be helpful,for whoever can, to go in the sticky and announce the site link is no longer valid.

Thanks,
Linda

Hmmmmm...... Maybe it's because I'm accessing via an Ipad, bit when I try to go to the site link Pellicle kindly showed, it doesn't quite work. I could access a few of the questions answered by Al -- only one at a time, and randomly-- but not any of the rest of his site. After I hit "TO SEE PREVIOUS QUESTIONS" a couple of time, I was sent to some page telling me the site domain name was for sale. It looks like an interesting site, in limited bit I could see. Anyone else having trouble accessing it or any further suggestions? THANKS, Linda

Linda if you try that on a real PC it will show better, it is of course a very basic site in the first place AND you are NOT accessing it directly but through another site which is showing it as an archive. Read the URL in your browser and that may become clearer

Latest posts

Back