Nancy's Hubby Joe

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy said:
You are both from the planet Xena, Ross.

Nope, Ross is from Uranus!!!!!!:eek: :p :p :D :D

Nancy, I've been following this thread all along. Prayers and good thoughts continue for both you and Joe. Hope you can get that guy healthy and back home real soon.

May God Bless,

Danny

Still doing well. Nothing from pathology yet, of course.

Another issue that I have to bring up with his Hematologist and Internist is the issue of Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, since his platelets dropped while on Heparin.

It is not a new thing for Joe, he has had chronic low platelets for years but I don't think anyone has ever done a Heparin antibody test. So I'm going to ask about it.

I learn something new every time he's hospitalized.

Nancy, Glad Joe is doing well. My continued thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I can't imagine you're still learning new stuff, Dr. Nancy. You must be a walking medical journal with all Joe's been through. Take care and God Bless.

Glad that Joe finally had the procedure....he (and you) must feel like he's been in a revolving door!

Good that he is feeling relatively well after all of that....

Am hoping that the results are nothing to worry about.

hi nancy,
glad the procedure went well and that joe is fine so far.
hope to hear good news when you get the results back. thanks so much for keeping us up to date.
still praying for all the best,
sylvia

Hi Nancy

Glad that Joe is doing well.....you'll probably know tomorrow. Sending you good wishes.

Evelyn

Best wishes to you both- glad that it is over and sending prayers that he is home soon.

The waiting and the delays must drive you crazy. The medical community shows its worst bedside manners when it comes to waiting for test results.

Hope you can go home soon.

Very best wishes,

They've actually been very nice and upfront with what has to happen with the biopsy. They are looking for some things that need special stains (amyloidosis), to name one of them, and that is apparently a send away thing. The others have to go to the lab and see what grows in the petrie dish.

He's got to stay anyway until the INR gets therapeutic.

One of the bad things that happened is that a nurse ripped off the top layer of skin on his arm taking out a couple of IVs. Joe's skin is very, very thin, don't know why, he's not on any steroids. So the slightest thing can tear it, and removing tape is one of those things. That and the other IV site are bleeding freely (thanks to Heparin and now Coumadin) with dressing changes every couple of hours. Plus the skin tear is raw like a burn and painful.

Last time he was in, a nurse gave him a corneal abrasion in his blind eye giving him his eyedrops. That took a couple of months to get better, and several appts with the ophthalmologist, and a couple of prescriptions.

There is always some kind of collateral damage.:rolleyes:

Nancy said:
There is always some kind of collateral damage.:rolleyes:

Aye. This, I'm guessing, only makes everything else a bit more frustrating.

Appreciate the update, Nancy ... thoughts/prayers continuing, of course.

Well, there is some good news, so far. Joe does not have Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia, and he does not have amyloidosis or cancer. Those were things that were among the worst.

The little petrie dishes haven't yielded any bugs yet, that's going to be a couple more days.

So far, it is just some sort of inflammation in his lung/s.

It is so good to hear that it is not cancer

It is so good to hear that it is not cancer

Nancy:

That is good news. Always nice when they can rule out some of the nasty stuff. Hope it goes well for Joe.

A plan has not yet been developed. So they are not giving him anything for the inflammation yet. But steroids have been mentioned. How steroids would mix with his list of medical problems and medications, I'm not sure.

So glad to hear the good news, Nancy and I hope you are able to take Joe home with a good solution soon.

Nancy, I'm so glad that Joe got good news. Now to get him home and start improving. You guys have been through way too much here lately. You both are still in my prayers.

Latest posts

Back