Nancy's Hubby Joe

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Nancy and Joe,

Joe: You definitely will be in my prayers and I am also sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Nancy : I have to echo what has been said by those before me - you are such a big help and inspiration to those of us on the board. Thanks for all you do.

Peace to both of you...

Susie

Nancy said:
Procedure had to be postponed, INR is too high, plus he's got some lung congestion. He's still in the hospital.

With today being Friday, that will probably knock it to Monday?

Nancy:

I hope all goes well. My Mother-in-law is scheduled for a lung biopsy next month. We wish it could have been sooner, but with her scheduled trip to visit a son in Wisconsin and the docotr's vacation plans, the earliest they could set it for was Sept. 20th.

You are both in my thoughts

Hi Nancy, sorry to read your post that Joe's procedure had to be postponed....waiting is the pits. What are they doing about the INR? Just letting it come down on it's own (with bridging) and antibiotics for the congestion?

I am assuming he is in one of the 3 major hospitals in Albany/Schenectady and thus getting excellent care....especially with you as his omsbudsperson!

I am hoping for the best for both of you.

He's on a Heparin drip, since he cannot take Lovenox. Yes, he's in local hospital, thank God.

They are working on getting rid of extra fluid in the mean time. This time they have given him injected Albumin to augment the IV Lasix. Never had that one before. Apparently it helps folks who have become resistant to diuresis. The nurse said it aids by pulling fluid from the tissues into the circulatory system, to be excreted.

Lots of love and prayers your way for a successful procedure. As lots of others said, you are an inspiration to the rest of us.

Debi (debster913)

Joe's Cheerleaders

Joe's Cheerleaders

Tell Joe we're all rooting for him! Nancy, we all owe you for your generous participation here. I hope our prayers will ease your suffering during this next trial/challenge. Brian

hi nancy,
thanks for keeping us posted.. we're so sorry that you both have to go through this, but, as you said, atleast joe is where they can watch him closely.
you will both remain in our thoughts and prayers. please let us know how things go.
all the best,
sylvia

Doc today said the bronchoscopy definitely has to be done, probably on Monday. He had a chest xray today after they got rid of a lot of fluid and there is still stuff at the base of the lung/s that needs further investigation.

Prayers for you both!

Prayers for you both!

Best wishes and prayer will go out for both of you.
As everyone has said - I admire your love for each other so much - as well as your willingness to always help others with the knowledge that you hae gained in your own struggles. You are a blessing to everyone here:)

Nancy said:
He's on a Heparin drip, since he cannot take Lovenox. Yes, he's in local hospital, thank God.

They are working on getting rid of extra fluid in the mean time. This time they have given him injected Albumin to augment the IV Lasix. Never had that one before. Apparently it helps folks who have become resistant to diuresis. The nurse said it aids by pulling fluid from the tissues into the circulatory system, to be excreted.

Hope things get better Nancy. Keep up the good work. BTW why can't yoiur husband take Lovenox?

Nancy

Nancy

You take care ..too..Glad Joe is in local hospital...I know yall have that sweet doggie at home..know, she is missing her Daddy. :) ...Many prayers heading your way. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back