Nancy's Hubby Joe

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take care, Nancy..let us know when you have the time. Hope he will be home again soon. Bonnie

glad to hear it's over and that it went well. thanks for letting us know!
we look forward to having joe back home with you so you have more time to tell us about it.
still in our thoughts and prayers.
all the best, sylvia

We'll be waiting for your report Nancy. I'm glad this is behind you both now.

Hope it's all uphill from now on!! Best wishes going out to you both. Will keep checking for the full story. :)

Marguerite

Nancy said:
I'll fill ya'll in when I have more time, nothing horrible, just usual Joe stuff.

Just wanted to let you know.
Usual Joe stuff is usually horrible. Not sure how to take this one.

Usual Joe Stuff

Usual Joe Stuff

Hopefully we will hear good news soon.

So, I went to the hospital early today because the procedure was going to be done between 8 and noon. Then it was rescheduled for 12:30. I had a dental appt that could not be cancelled at noon, and it was a short one and close by, so I figured I'd get back when he was in recovery.

So when I came back I went to the procedure area. No Joe. I asked where he was, and they said they were wondering also, so they called the transporters to find out. He was supposed to be on the way. So I waited and waited and waited. Finally, one of the gals from the procedure area came out and told me that the procedure had been scrubbed. So I went upstairs to his room, and it turns out that he was on the gurney just entering the elevator doors, and the nurse called him back. His latest bloodwork showed very low platelets, too low to go ahead. So they ordered 6 units of platelets. Joe is a difficult match and the bloodbank said they wouldn't have them until late this afternoon. And the procedure would be done tomorrow.

So I went down to the caf to get him a coffee, since he was starving and thirsty. By the time I got back, I was told that the procedure was back on again. The bloodbank had found some platelets. And as soon as they were transfused, the procedure would be done.

And this time it went forward.

He's doing well, ate some dinner and is not feeling bad at all, just a little very minor cough.

Nothing is ever easy for him.

Now we wait to find out what, if anything, showed up.

Good grief Nancy. You couldn't make this one up if you tried.

You've the patience of an angel.

Get some good rest tonight., You deserve it.

Marybeth

Nancy I swear he and I are related somehow. That is exactly how things go for me also. I need not tell you how frustrating it is.

Nancy, I'm glad the procedure was done today. Hope you're both able to get at least a little rest tonight. Keep us posted. You're in my prayers. LINDA

Good grief! How does anything ever get done at hospitals? They just reschedule and yank everyone around over and over, without thought or consideration. Typical for them to have the patients prep in some unpleasant way, then let them stew in it while they schedule, misschedule, crossschedule and generally lollygag for hours.

Like Joe, all that time with no sustenance. And let's face it: most health care personnel look like they've never missed a meal in their lives!

You are both in my thoughts, Nancy...

Very best wishes,

Nancy's Hubby

Nancy's Hubby

Nancy,
I've kept track of yours and Joe's saga. I'm glad he finally made it. Now we all get to wait on the results. You both are in my thoughts.
Barbara

Hi Nancy

Just checked in here to see how Mr. Joseph is and make sure everything went well. SOOOOO glad it's over and Joe is resting and doing fine. Please keep us posted on his results....

Thinking of and praying for you both.

Evelyn

Latest posts

Back