Yohimbe and warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohammadraza321

Hi everyone.
I heard alot about Yohimbe and i was wondering if it has any interactions with warfarin. Most of these herbs have interactions with warfarin because they contain vitamin k but i found nothing on Yohimbe.
Im 25 years old and has my aortic valve replaced 1 year ago. I dont have any other problems and im healthy other wise but my friend used this thing and he said that i should give it. I fine otherwise but if it doesnt have any interactions then id like to give it a try just for fun
thanks in advance :)

Can't say, but if you are testing your INR yourself just test about every 3 days and chart your INR to see if its interacting.

I have done this with chlorophyll and fond no effect

If I were you, I would research yohimbe a bunch more before you try it.

It does have impact on blood pressure and heart rate, and has a fairly narrow therapeutic range (the difference between a safe dose and a dangerous dose is fairly small)

At your age, I doubt that you need the supplement, but that's a call you have to make on your own. Rather than asking us, you might be better to ask your pharmacist. I couldn't find and interactions with warfarin, but I'm no expert. There might be some really good reasons to avoid this.

Good luck with your research!

Back