Would Like Feedback on Both Pig & Cow Valves By Medtronic and Edwards.

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Becky, Just saw this thread. I will don't have anything but my own experience to cite, but just would note that I had a combined aortic valve and aortic root replacement (Medtronic Freestyle, porcine) installed via OHS 14 years ago this coming February and I have had no problems with it. Will have a regular cardiologist visit just before Christmas so I hope to receive another good report. Maybe I have just been lucky not to have a re-do so far. I will note I had an exceptionally skilled surgeon in Northern Virginia; he did the heart transplant for former Veep Dick Cheney a few years back.

You will make a good choice, the best one for you. I wish you all the best.

NealR

Hi Becky,

To cut to the chase: whichever valve the Surgeon feels most comfortable working with. I have two Edwards cow valves which at almost 10 years need to be replaced. My experience was a event-less recovery, and performed very well during my years. I will probably go with them again and then replace them through the catheter.

Wish you luck in your surgery.

Becky

I want to say thank you to everyone who answered my mom in this thread.

Pellicle - thanks for the article.
Oldmanemu- I appreciate you sharing your experience and thanks for all of that info on valves.
Ottagal- thanks for the kind wishes.
Neil- thanks for sharing your experience.
Tom in MO- thanks for the information.
Superman- haha!
Jwinter- she couldn't choose. One was chosen for her. Thanks for sharing your surgery story. Glad you are doing much better.
epstns- thanks for the ancedote. I hope you are well. :)
Superbob - thank you so much for sharing your experience.
NealR- thanks so much.

Latest posts