Wlaldridge

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill - if Connie works with children, she may have run across my sister who is a guardian ad litem volunteer and is in court with her cases. (Jackie Malone)

I just wanted to say good luck on your surgery and my prayers are with you. Godspeed, Brian:) :)

Thank you all. Please keep Scottie in your prayers. She should be in recovery by now.

Ann- Your sister was in court with Connie yesterday in DeFuniak, I guess.

I gather that they do encounter each other from time to time.

More later.

Almost ready?

Almost ready?

Hi Bill,

Only a day or so to go, so I guess you're feeling pretty nervous, huh? Well, if it hasn't already set in, you will soon get the feeling that you just want to have this behind you and get on to the recovery phase.

Intellectually, you know the odds are very heavily stacked in your favor and spiritually, you know that you are being watched over. Now if you can just trust the surgeon and his staff, it will all be a little easier to face.

You're going to come thorough this nicely and you will be stronger than ever in more than one way. I'm sure you'll have a better appreciation of life in general after facing and dealing with this problem.

I'll be looking forward to reading the early posts about your successful surgery and than the later posts about your smooth recovery.

I'll be praying for you, along with many other "family" members.

Ron K

I have not had time to be nervous these last few days, trying to get every thing in order.. expected to have some time to relax but it is just not going to happen. I need about two weeks, I have less than a full day now. Whatever.!!

Thanks for the good wishes and the support. I am sort of looking forward to it as a challenge. But, not all challenges are this risky.

I always say, everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die. With out symptoms the motivation to face this has to come from the intellectual knowledge of the likely failure and the likely mode of failure of the "defective" valve.. I think "heaven can wait" and hope that will be the case.

Great news about Scottie, I am so happy.

Bill-

All surgery has risks. Heart surgery risks are monumentally in your favor. More than 98 percent success rate!

Joe had three of them and two lung surgeries, no post op problems. He went in for gallbladder surgery and came within an inch of dying. So just make sure they don't plan on taking your gallbladder out.

Heart surgeons are among the most skilled, heart surgery anesthesiologists are among the most skilled, and their OR teams are the best the hospital has.

You'll do fine.

Is someone going to post for you?

the answer is "I hope so" Both about the surgeons and hospital teams and is some one going to post for me.

Bonnie just sent me a very uplifting note about a hospital employee named Pookie Johnson. Maybe she will post it here for all to read. I think he might be about gallbladders.

Thanks for the post.

Hi, I told my Dr they WOULD NOT shave me and he said fine!! I can understand a guy's hairy chest, but let's not get carried away! That's the thing that makes me crazy - so many thngs they do are totally unnecessary!!! Good luck anyway!

Big Day Before

Big Day Before

Bill, Glad to see you are sleeping late. Means you are nice and calm..:) :) I want to click on Henyslee's address..but sometimes when I do that. My computer will freeze but I am going to check out your hospital for myself to see if they have patient e-mails..What time do you have to be there tomorow. See, Scottie is fine..and you will be too. :) :) Bonnie

I am Bill's wife and will try to let you know how he progresses in becoming a mountaineer.

Thanks for helping him

Hi Connie

Hi Connie

I'm Bonnie..First post did not go thru..but anyway..be sure and post under post-surgery asap..when you have the time..Bill has become a good cheerleader to others on this site and we sure want to know how he's doing. Make him get up and walk asap..He'll feel much better. Bonnie

Bill.

All the best tomorrow. You know when I drove to the hospital the day of my surgery I had a real feeling of calm. I hope you will also experience that.

I am sure you will be fine and you will be in our prayers. Please let us know how you are doing.

One thing you can look forward to is showering with the nurse. I had the pleasure on my third day. It was wet, messy and fun and I am sure she (Susan) would never want to do that with me again.

You will be fine and I look forward to hearing the good news.

Walter

Well Connie-

Welcome and you're our 500th member. Congratulations.

Forget what Walter said about that hot and wet shower with the nurse!! Walter, you were just doing too well after surgery. My OH MY. Hope you had your telemetry unit on.

I always give Joe his bath (the old fashioned bed bath kind), as long as he isn't too hooked up to things. He'd rather I do that than the nurse or aide. We make it a pleasant time and I take my time and make him look real pretty and powder him all up. The nurses really appreciate it because it relieves them to do other things. They have some nice smelling soap in the hospital that you don't have to rinse off, so it makes it easy. You might want to think about it for Bill.

Wishing you the best tomorrow.

Again, to everyone who has posted with advice and war stories these last few weeks, my sincere thanks.

These last few days have been hectic. Even now I just remembered another set of government reports I need to prepare before surgery.

All three of my sons are home or nearby this evening and that is a great comfort. Knowing they will be here for their mom and me through all of this.

Today was our you grandson's birthday and we went to a Japanese steak house for the show and some good food. They gave Jaycob a yo-yo a little cake and a huge tee shirt. He turned five and had a ball.

I am going to go finish my forms for the government and try to sleep a couple of hours. Must be at the hospital in 5 hours. I think I am still in denial.

Hope all is well with all and especially Scotte and Ross tonight as I prepare to climb the Mountain as so many have done here before.

Thank you all, again.

Bill

Dear Connie - we have been waiting for that 500th member - and here you are. During the celebrations in Vegas (next month) your name may be bandied about because of the landmark you have reached. You don't win anything except the place of honor! Welcome - Praying for Bill today as he gets goin up the mountain. Ann in DFS, fL

Latest posts

Back