Wise, Cindy, Sherry, and Andy meet at Starbucks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Got a chance to connect with Wise, Cindy, and Perry (the new guide dog) at a Starbucks outside of Frankfort yesterday. Andy and I go over to Lexington once a month for a fiddle lesson, and it worked out that we could all meet for coffee before the lesson. Had so much fun talking to them that I lost track of time and had to speed my way through Versailles and into Lexington to get to the lesson on time (despite the 100ish Ky state troopers that dotted the roads this weekend ;) )

Had a wonderful visit and am proud to say that I'm the first VR.Commer to meet Perry. My son and I were just in love with him, as I know Wise and Cindy are too. Got a nice pic that I'll post tomorrow after I transfer the pics. Cheers (Starbucks, that is) to my VR Bluegrass friends.

Sherry, we had a refreshing time visiting with you and Andy at Starbucks. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to sit and talk with us for a while. Sorry that you were running late though. Tell Andy it was nice meeting him; he seems like a fine young man. How did the new lesson go?

Wise, Cindy & Perry

picture

picture

O.K. Got that done quicker than I thought I would. Here's a pic of the meeting.

Hi, Wise. Yes, the lesson went really well. We also had a nice visit with the other mom and Andy's friend. We ended up staying at that Hampton up there on your exit. Nice place but we did have to go back to that Starbucks this morning to get "fueled" up for the ride home. Take care, and I really enjoyed visiting with you both. :) :)

Oh, the pic contains my 16 year old son, Andy, Wise, me, Cindy, and Perry.

Sherry,
I'm glad you got to meet Wise, Cindy and Perry. May is turning out to be a great month for little mini-reunions of VR members. Maybe we can figure out a way for all of us to meet up in KY sometime this summer.

Great photo! So glad you got to meet up again. And I'm jealous that you got to meet Perry too!

Looks like you all had a great time. Perry is a really great dog. I love Goldens.
Thanks for sharing.

Honestly I feel like crying. I feel like I'm doomed to be housebound forever. This really sucks!

Honestly, if I could participate in things, I would. Over winter when I wasn't feeling so hot, I decided for the first time to go see some people that I have never met in person, for fear that had I not did it then, I may never get too. I got to their place fine. Only a 1:20 drive. Getting home was a completely different thing. I could not breath and had a terrible terrible time. They knew when I was leaving that I wasn't right and tried to keep me there.

If I can't handle 3 hours away from home, how am I going to handle much else? I don't care what these oxygen folks say, there is a difference in the O2 in those portable tanks compared to what the concentrator puts out. Within minutes of being back on the concentrator, I'm feeling better. :(

Dale Hollow is beautiful. Have spent some time in the summers there with my aunt and uncle. They still have their houseboat there and spend many weeks out of the year on it. They keep asking us to come down on the lake during the summer, but when we get home to Louisville, we spend just about the entire time with my parents. Will get down there again sometime though. LINDA

Sherry said:
We ended up staying at that Hampton up there on your exit.

My sister Priscilla works at that Hampton Inn in housekeeping.

If you stay over in Frankfort again, maybe we could meet for dinner. We have a favorite mexican restaurant in Frankfort called Casa Fiesta; it's yummy. Of course, there's several other restaurants. Just "food" for thought.

Great photo!!!

Glad you all were able to meet up!

And, Ross ... very glad I was able to meet you this past August. I know it wasn't a long visit, but still awesome nonetheless. I plan to be back in that area this coming August, if you're up to it....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"Time is a friend" ... Reba McEntire ... 'Is There Life Out There?'

knightfan2691 said:
And, Ross ... very glad I was able to meet you this past August. I know it wasn't a long visit, but still awesome nonetheless. I plan to be back in that area this coming August, if you're up to it....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"Time is a friend" ... Reba McEntire ... 'Is There Life Out There?'
If I can, I will!

Latest posts

Back