William Nasser M.D. Inspiration to all heart valvers!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCB

Sometimes when you wait too long, it is too late.

I came across Dr. Nasser in 2004 during my research on heart valves history for a PBS/NOVA presentation. He practiced just 5 hours drive from my home. I always wanted to meet him and discuss early heart surgery and the PBS project.

For all those worried about life after heart surgery, this early valve recipient is truly an inspiration for what can be accomplished with multiple surgeries. My neighbors, the Hoosiers have benefited greatly by leadership and expertise.

I was saddened when I recently came across the second URL. Click on his story- he has given much to everyone on this board without even knowing us.

http://www.billnasser.com/pdfs/bookrelease.pdf

http://www.healthylivinginfo.com/dyn/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=93&Itemid=2

Bob - so good to see you posting. Thank you for the links.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the articles, Bob and good to hear from you. How is the PBS project going? Wishing you Happy Holidays,
Phyllis

Very awe inspiring - the story

Very awe inspiring - the story

of this man. It makes me think of a movie Wayne and I rented several weeks ago - The March of the Penguins. If any of you haven't seen it, rent it. Our lives aren't so much different than the animal kingdom - we do what we have to do to survive - going about our daily life in the midst of trials and turmoil - to feed ourselves and our young, relying on our significant others to help us through.

Dr. Nasser obviously "marched" bravely through life.

Isn't it just so wild that today we go into open heart surgery with only a 2-5%chance of mortality and go back to 1960 and you probably had a 2-5% chance of living over a certain length of time after the surgery. We are blessed in this day and age.

Christina L

William Nasser

William Nasser

I walk past his picture about once a month as I go for my protime on Naab road at St Vincent in Indianapolis. I never knew his interesting story, however.

Just what I did not need...

Just what I did not need...

...another book. :)
I ordered Near to my Heart on Amazon for 2 cents plus postage. If anyone wants it after I am done reading it, just send me a message. I will ship it to you.

Latest posts

Back