Whoo Hoo! I did 50 miles!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryC

My hubby, son and I rode 50 miles in the Hotter N Hell bike ride in Wichita Falls, TX, yesterday. I had planned to make this ride last year but had a bout of pleurisy right before the ride. We were riding with my 15 year old son's Boy Scout troop. OK, I can't resist this story. Riding with a group of teenage boys, my hubby and I pretty much brought up the rear with our group, running into them as we came into the rest stops and they were leaving. We told our son at the 2nd to the last stop to just wait for us after he finished. This ride has an excellent route at 45 miles through Sheppard Air Force Base where the airmen stand along the side and cheer you on. It is a great experience! Anyway, as we came to the last rest stop at the base I glanced and saw our teenagers. I looked at my husband and said 'Ride!'. We took out riding like wind (or at least as fast as 2 old folks can ride!). My husband started to call our son on his cell phone and I told him 'no way'! Well, you can guess the end of the story.....it ended with some shocked teenage expressions as the 2 old folks greated them at the finish line. The expressions on their faces...priceless! :D

If you are a rider and haven't done this ride, you need to! This year they had almost 12,000 riders.

http://www.hh100.org/

CONGRATULATIONS Mary, it sounds like you had a great time. Good for you!:)

mary

mary

Wow, I want to do that!! Some day I will!
As for today I rode almost 8 miles.
Tom, I'm keeping track :D
Debbie :)

Latest posts

Back