Where've you lived?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Interesting thread Cort..

Born in The Netherlands.
Moved to Barrie, Ont. Canada
Moved to Kitchener/Waterloo, Ont. Canada
Moved back to The Netherlands
Moved to Cambridge, Ont. Canada
Moved to Kitchener/Waterloo, Ont. Canada
Moved to Tucson, AZ
I hate moving and am here to stay.

The Commonwealth of Virginia

The Commonwealth of Virginia

Good to see a few fellow Virginians!
And now, a brief geography lesson:
The first 39 years in a small place called Richlands, VA (60 miles north of Bristol, TN, 60 miles east of Pikeville, KY, and 50 miles south of Bluefield, WV), and the last five years in the Roanoke Valley and Salem, VA. Have to stay close to my beloved Appalachian Mountains!

Born and lived in New York City til age 11
5 years in Pine Bush, NY - 100 miles north of the city
Massachusetts ever since age 16

Born in
Salisbury ,Rhodesia ( Now Harare, Zimbabwe)

Gwelo Zimbabwe
back to Salisbury
Secunda South Africa
Johannesburg South Africa
Melbourne Australia
Johannesburg & Pretoria South Africa
Auckland New Zealand (and whew !! here to stay )

Best wishes
Wendy :)

Born in Detroit, Michigan
St. Clair Shores, Mi
Oak Park, Mi
Detroit, Mi
Grosse Pointe Park, Mi
Port Huron, Mi
Taylor, Mi
Trenton, Mi
Wyoming, Mi
Kentwood, Mi
Owosso, Mi
Nokomis, Fl (1972)
Venice, Fl
Seven Lakes, NC (1981?)
Carthage, NC
Seven Lakes, NC (again)
Pinehurst, NC No plans on moving anymore!

Born in Brooklyn, NY - there for a year
Dallas, Texas from about 1 to 3½
Chicago, Illinois until about 10½
St. Louis, MO until 28 (with 4 years at Miami U. of Ohio and a year in Grenoble France)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada until now

Born in Bronxville, NY
Raised in Yorktown, NY
North Easton, MA (1.5 yrs of college)
Binghamton, NY (2.5 yrs of college)
Jamaica Estates, NY (1st year of law school)
Westbury, NY for the last 2 years

Mr Dull here, lived my entire life within 8 miles of where I was born. Troy NY, then to the suburb of Latham.

WendyD said:
Born in
Salisbury ,Rhodesia ( Now Harare, Zimbabwe)

Gwelo Zimbabwe
back to Salisbury
Secunda South Africa
Johannesburg South Africa
Melbourne Australia
Johannesburg & Pretoria South Africa
Auckland New Zealand (and whew !! here to stay )

Best wishes
Wendy :)

wendy.. My son has been to Zimbabwe... made many impressions on him! Got some fabulous photos as well
and my sister has lived in Auckland for 25years.. I was there 13 years ago.. What a lovely place!!

born in State college PA
LIved (montoursvill, Bellefonte, Harrisburg) PA
Columbus OH (1 year)
Phoenix AZ
Ft. Polk LA
Phoenix AZ
PA (again)
Athens, GA
back in PA since 1996

Born in a small town in Alabama..Lived in Selma, Alabama until I was age 20...(but spent every year from age 15 in Galveston, Texas.during my summer vacations) with an Aunt.:) Became a Delta Stewardess in 1960..Been to all the above states.....and England, Ireland
France , Spain, ect...Lived in Atlanta for 10 years..married,,moved to Carnesville, Ga. for 25 years...On the I-85 interstate. know the route great..from Ga-S.C./N.C...so know where many of you have lived.:) Sold our Horse farm..lived on Lake Hartwell in S.C. for 5 years..but missed Ga..so came back to the beautiful North Georgia Mountains..8 years ago.In Helen Ga. the #1 place to visit in Ga.:) Bavarian Village. No traffic.:D Except during Tourist season..:mad: :D Bonnie

- Montreal, Quebec (born & raised!)
- Toronto, Ontario (Downsview....York University)
- Hamilton, Ontario
- Burlington, Ontario
- London, Ontario
- Windsor, Ontario
- Waterdown, Ontario

Also did temporary stints in
- Cornwall, Ontario
- Rocky Mount, NC U.S.A.

I just think it is so cool to be

I just think it is so cool to be

conversing with people from all over the world on this thread. When I read where you all are from, I would never have guessed that we weren't ALL from the same state, same city!! :)

Me:

Born in Des Moines, Iowa -
Raised in Lacona, Iowa (population around 500 at that time)
On to Greeley, Colorado to college 1978 (four years there - I owe my moving to Colorado to John Denver and his "Rocky Mountain High")
Then back to Iowa because I missed my family
Then back to Greeley, Colorado because I missed the mountains
Then back to Iowa because I missed my family
Then back to Greeley, Colorado again.
On to Vail, Colorado for a year (1989-1990)
Back to Iowa after my sister's wedding because (you guessed it!) - I missed my family
Back to Colorado in 1994 - Denver
Then on to Lousville, Colorado and Longmont, Colorado
Moved to Estes in 1999 and here ever since - will never go back to Iowa (even though it is a beautiful state and I am proud to be from the Midwest) - most of my family is now gone, except for my sisters who live in Des Moines and a few scattered relatives here and there in Iowa.

P.S. I envy those of you who have never moved from your little hamlets - truly - you obviously are very content and happy with your life and love being around your family. There is something to be said for that! Me, I feel as if I was searching for something and if I would have known my parents were going to leave us so soon, I NEVER would have left Iowa before their deaths. I would have come back to Colorado eventually, though. I do love the mountains. Thanks, John. ;)

Christina L

Born in Shreveport/Bossier City LA 1961
Houston TX 1966-1969
Richwood TX 1969-1978
Lake Jackson TX 1978-1982
Huntsville TX 1982-1986 (one summer in College Station TX)
Clear Lake TX 1986-1988
Houston TX 1988-1989
Lafayette LA 1989-1991
Houston TX 1991-1992
Katy TX 1992-Now
Plan to move to very small town, possibly wilderness, before I die. I'm tired of big cities and the problems that seem to infest them!

*grins*

Glad to see so many of you enjoying this little "exercise". I sure hope that as ya'll are posting that you are looking at the locations from everyone.

I see a number of people that have lived in the same places at different times ... ya never know just who you both might know in common.

Heck, I see a number of you having lived near my hometown ... and another number of you having lived in places that I have visited (i.e. MI, etc.) ... and wonder if we may've been in contact with the same people or members of the same family.....

The possibilities are endless ;).

How fun!

Born in Minnesota
Moved to Missouri and still here!

My Grandfather was Chief of Police in Sioux Falls, SD for many years!

Another interesting addition to this

Another interesting addition to this

thread would be to ask where people WISHED they had lived - I know most of us probably dreamed of living in a certain place and never got the chance.

My dream life was in New York City, San Francisco (Northern Coast of California), Leadville, CO, and maybe Alaska (when I was a LOT younger). In my next life....;) Kind of goes along with places you'd like to go, but these are places that I would have liked to have lived for a length of time to experience them fully.

Christina L

Condensed version:

Born in Cuthbert, Georgia
Raised in Lumpkin, Georgia (lived in the Jail, father was a Sheriff?home was front part of jail)

Change of scenery due to Viet Nam--Joined the Air Force

Basic Training Amarillo AFB Texas
Radio School Keesler AFB Mississippi
First tour Andersen AFB Guam (lived in Yigo, Guam--hi Marguerite)
Then to Robins AFB Georgia
Off to Ramstein AB Germany (for a while lived on the local economy?military term for no base housing)
Then back to the Washington, DC area (actually lived in Arlington, Virginia first, then to Bolling AFB, DC base housing)

Took a one year vacation (all expenses paid thanks to the Air Force) to Murphy Dome AS Alaska (about 20 miles outside Fairbanks Alaska?hi Peggy)
Back to Bolling AFB, DC

Bought a house and moved to Waldorf Maryland (about 21 miles outside DC)
Retired from the Air Force and moved to Richland, Georgia (9 miles from
Lumpkin)

Next move will be leaving this earth (and worn out body) for good.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

Latest posts

Back