What's your problem valve?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your problem valve?

• Aortic

Votes: 44 60.3%
  • Mitral

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Tricuspid

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Pulmonary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an over achiever - more than one valve (explain below)

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
K

Karlynn

Just thought it would be interesting to see a poll of who has aortic, mitral, tricuspid or pulmonary valve issues.

The last time I knew.....

The last time I knew.....

The Dr's have said that: 1. My Aortic valve has calcification/insufficiency 2. My mitral valve has regurgitation. 3. My tricuspid and pulmonary valves both have regurgitation due to my Pulmonary Hypertension. NOT FUN......:eek: :D Harrybaby

I've had my mitral valve replaced due to mitral stenosis/regurgitation from rheumatic heart disease but all the other valves have problems as well. The aortic valve has moderate regurgitation and is mildly stenotic (1.2) and the tri-cuspid and pulmonary valves both regurgitate. At a recent doctor visit future valve work was discussed as well as what to do about two problem areas in coronary arteries that clinically fit the picture of radiation induced injuries. Nothing is pending anytime soon and maybe everything will coast for a good long time yet.

My husband has mechanical aortic and mitral valves. He has severe tricuspid regurgitation, which was originally scheduled to be done in August, which he postponed to probably December/January. - Marybeth

1. Bicuspid Aortic with regurgitation 2. Mitral Valve Prolapse with regurgitation 3. Some regurgitation in tricuspid valve (I guess caused by the other two?)

1.Severe Mitral valve regurgitation
2.Moderate to severe Aortic regurgitation
3.Moderate Tricuspid regurgitation with Pulmonary hypertension

And it seems I owe it all to Radiation therapy according to the Drs ;)

Aortic Valve - bicuspid with regurgitation
Mitral Valve - regurgitation

Apparently not concerned at this point with the mitral valve just the BAV.

I have 2 St. Jude valves--mitral and aortic. I had multiple bouts of Rheumatic Fever as a child.

Mike

Mitral only that I know of. If there are any problems with the others, I have never been informed of it.

1) AVR for stenotic aortic valve
2) Pending MVR for regurgitant mitral valve
3) Moderately regurgitant tricuspid valve.

Would prefer NOT to be an overachiever!!!!!!! Yuk!

I only voted for my Aortic as I am hoping the Mitral which is leaky never needs any fixing :) ...If I ignore it , it will go away!:rolleyes: .

Bloody hell, its true what they say, don't dwell on your problems as there is always someone else worse off.

I feel a little under qualified for this site...i have a bicuspid aortic valve with mild leak back which is ticking along quite happily....however it looks like its going to be replaced due to the Aorta being dilated above it to avoid the need for re-surgery at a later date.

Nothing else wrong that has been mentioned, at least with my ticker anyway....

Bicuspid mitral valve regurgitation and aortic valve regurgitation replaced simultaneously with st. jude mec's.

Cork

mtkayak said:
Of course I'm the only one with a tricupsid valve replacement. I strive to be different :D
Nope! You're not the only one... Of course, my doc says it's the "morphologic tricuspid valve" but I don't know what that means exactly...

Hmmmm...where do I begin with my valve issues?

Had a heart atack at birth, and it's skechy whether my mitral valve was the culprit, affected by the heart attack, or was just plain ol' bad to begin with.

Was diagnosed with moderate to severe regurgitation in April (this is in addition to my already existent MVP), and you all know the rest.

Now three months post-op, feeling awesome, and the murmur is bye-bye! :cool: Heart's already healed enough to have been cleared for necessary dental work! Yay!:D

Still, I'll always have valve disease, even if mine is as good or better than any "normal" person's. But it's great to be out of the waiting room and over the mountain. Never want to climb that thing again!

After reading some of these posts, I feel like I don't even have a problem. Mine is aortic stenosis and it's gonna be fixed next Wed (Oct 4). :D

No category for a common AV valve..........

No category for a common AV valve..........

darn Medic Alert folks had a tough time with that one, too. Kept trying to put "mechanical aortic valve" on her bracelet, but I kept refusing. "She can't have a common AV valve; it's not in our dictionary of medical terms." WEll, shoot, if it's that easy, then just delete the rest of her defects out of your dictionary (at least the ones you have in there) and we'll declare she has a "normal" heart. Anyway, I finally won my battle after talking to twenty-five people or so. I put Katie's down as mitral, even though it's her mitral and tricuspid valves merged as one common Atrioventricular valve.

Just thought I would be a pain in your posterior tonight! :D Hugs. J.

Latest posts

Back