What's the rumpus ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karlynn, Bina & Nancy

Karlynn, Bina & Nancy

Truthfully, I picked 3 of the nicest people on the board!

Nancy, I can't imagine you ever losing your temper! Although I do know that you are strong and stand up for your own, I imagine you always do it in a respectful manner. (Unlike me, who definitely has a touch of red headed Irish temper!)

Ross, for some reason I had a hard time believing the whole Sue and Norm saga. I felt guilty about it because I never posted a praying for you both reply. Maybe after having 3kids and 9 grandkids my,are you really telling the truth,radar was on. I hate that people would come on a site like this one and make up a story and for what,attention? Believe me, I wish I had not had to even look for a site like this and my husband had never had to have surgery. but he did and I am glad to have found all of you.

Based on my experience, it could be someone borrowing the real Sue's identity. I barely followed the Sue saga, so I'm only guessing. As my personal blog says "The world is full of nuts and like a chipmunk I know how to find them."

Definitely not that. I sent a card to her business address and she sent an email thanking me.

I am not doubting you Ross, I am just so confused as to why she would do it. I can fully understand a person creating a fake identity, then making up a story like this but cannot understand why she has used her true identity and business.

I am an administrator on another site, have been for many years, and I can remember a woman telling us a 'horror story' about a sick baby, obviously a complete fake but she did only use an internet identity, not one which could be easily traced to her in real life.

Thank goodness that this sort of thing has not happened too often here.

Definitely not that. I sent a card to her business address and she sent an email thanking me.

I am not doubting you Ross, I am just so confused as to why she would do it. I can fully understand a person creating a fake identity, then making up a story like this but cannot understand why she has used her true identity and business.
Yes that's absolutely nutty.

I used to work closely with a girl who turned out to be a schizophrenic, (split personality).
We were friends, she was smart and fun, until the medical issues and darkness took over.
Her stories were more and more elaborate as she sought out more attention. There were constant glitches in her stories, but who was I to question a sweet sick person?

The last straw was when her "other" personality called me as usual on the telephone at work, and we were talking until the receptionist discovered that no external phone line was lit up on the phone board; only 2 internal extensions.
The receptionist slipped me a note to put the phone on hold and go into my friend's office.
Sure enough, the friend was waiting on the phone on hold.....I told my boss what was happening and she almost fell off of her chair. I had been to this girl's apartment, I knew the woman she called her "mother", I knew alot about her.

When she had told me that her "mother" died, I saw the mother a few weeks later in the store.
The friend then said it was her mother's twin sister. There is no end to the lies.

I know that these people who are mentally ill but not yet a danger to themselves or those around them, can stay in the mainstream of society for many years. Maybe they are not followed closely enough by mental health doctors, or maybe they are even fooling the doctors alot of the time.
What can be done.....? I don't know.

As I said in the last post. I don't really feel used, or bad about someone pulling a hoax on me if it's prayer support that I'm giving. I just figure God takes those prayers and applies them in the way they are truly needed.

The reality is that some people who do this have mental health issues. But some are just really bad people.

I am so glad that we have such great people here who stay on top on things. I was really really tired of trying to read posts in the Home Monitoring and Antico. section and having to skip through all the posts from Clicker Mark. He just really irritated me. As to the Sue saga - I had a hard time believing it, but since I am not an expert, I defer to them (ummmm, Ross, I think that is supposed to be you? LOL).

I may not post alot (well, maybe I post too much!!!) but I really am a real person and am really looking forward to meeting Ross when I go to the Canton area for a race! And Ross - I will bring you cheese, if I must!!! :D

Thanks for leaving this post up Ross so that other people can read it too. I was out of town in Columbus for 4 days and did not see it til today. I appreciate that you left it for people to read!

What does upset me is the undue stress this put on me. Each day, several times each day, I came to the site with my heart beating overtime and scrolling down to the Obituaries dreading seeing a new name, Sue's, as the latest topic title.

I am an administrator on another site, have been for many years, and I can remember a woman telling us a 'horror story' about a sick baby, obviously a complete fake but she did only use an internet identity, not one which could be easily traced to her in real life.

Thank goodness that this sort of thing has not happened too often here.

Sue I may well be wrong about the motive, but I don't think so. I think her business is struggling and probably going under, so in order to make customers think things are just fine, it would be so easy to create a character somewhere, refer those customers to the threads citing she is so sick and at deaths door, to explain why their prepaid orders have not been received. I think it's out right Fraud.

I do know where the story was leading. Sue would have had to die. There is no other way it could have ended.

What does upset me is the undue stress this put on me. Each day, several times each day, I came to the site with my heart beating overtime and scrolling down to the Obituaries dreading seeing a new name, Sue's, as the latest topic title.

This is exactly why these trolls are so awful They tear at your heart strings and people really do bond with them. Their stock in trade is getting you to like them a great deal, they are masters at it, the way they speak, the sicky sweet kindness, then you feel so terribly sorry about their problems, and the final coup de gras is something very dramatic.

The other scenario is them befriending you in a personal way so that you give them access to your personal information, and then they stalk you.

That happened on two sites, one of the Pulmonary Hypertension sites (not PHA, but a different one), and also unbelievably on a Breast Cancer site. It pretty much destroyed the PH site, and caused terrible ill will on the Breast Cancer site where there were terribly needy people who wanted help so badly, like this site.

It's a nasty, nasty problem.

Although I am sad, I am not angry because we did what we are here for - tried to help someone we thought was in need. It was quite a rally and we did VR.com proud. Just like the last time this type of thing happened, we continue on and do not allow such things to color our ultimate goal or make us hesitant to help.

I was fully expecting her name to appear in the obits ...although this time I hadn't been paying much attention to the story of Sue. She had enough attention from those who were following her story closely.

picture.php

I wonder what pleasure they take in lies and deception.

Probably the same that companies take from lies and deception ... money.

Yeah, don't get me started.

The 3 most common warning signs are:
no actual surgery date, an increasing need for attention, and disappearing for days or weeks at a time.

*raises eyebrow*

Uhhhhhhhh...I disappear for weeks at a time....

*pauses*

*grins devilishly*

But, I did see your follow-up post ... nice save ;). he he he

Glad I missed all of this.....

*sighs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"This is not where you belong" ... Trapt ... 'Head Strong'

Back