What was I doing a year ago today?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliamJE

I seem to recall laying flat on some table then the next thing I remember was my wife saying goodbye to me. August 13th 2008 was the day I had AVR and repair of a ascending aortic aneurysm. Thank you spell check, I still can't spell aneurysm.

My surgery day was eventful(they had the devil of a time intubating me and therefore the tube stayed in for 24 hours which caused further problems) and the first 10 days post op no fun at all but I got better and home on August 29th. I have had no reason to go back in the hospital nor even a minor scare since discharge.

Any issues one year later? My hand is still numb. It can only be corrected with surgery and I'm right handed and short of cash now. I don't know if I'll ever get it fixed. Also I sometimes feel discomfort in my upper chest if I exert myself. I thought that would be over by now. Honestly it is just a minor issue.

I go back to have an echogram(?) on Sept 14 and see the cardiologist again on October 1st.

happy, happy valversary, and many, many more.

that first one is a big one, I felt that if I could make it to a year, the next 30 or so should be a breeze! Also, the first annual post-op checkup was a big milestone for me, too.

Last words I remember (I was in OR and had been chatting with the perfusionist) : Mrs. Smith, we're just going to give you something to help you relax . . .

Happy 1st valversary! May you celebrate many, many more years of good health. Sorry to hear about your hand and hope you get that sorted out.

ahhh, I remember it well, seems like a mile stone that first year did.

What can one say but,
Hip-Hip-Hooray

Here's to you William for many, many more Anniversaries.

Happy valversary! I'm glad you see your issues as minor ones and hope time will erase them. A year is a short time compared to the time many of us lived with our defective valves. Please report back in October with the official version--don't wait til 2d anniversary.:)

Latest posts

Back