What type of jobs you guys got?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a physical therapist (or physiotherapist if you prefer). I had emergency mitral valve replacement 4 months ago today, and as of this week have returned to full hours and duties, with no problems. I just turned 54; believe me, if I can return to this vey active job 4 months post-op, you can do it too:)

Kev,
I have been a Sheriff’s Deputy and Firefighter as a career over the years, but that was before my surgery. After my surgery I was able to return to my fire job. It was a fight to get back on but it is possible. Do what makes you happy and want to go to work. I have been in my career for 28 years and I love going to work almost everyday.

Jim

Kev,
I have been a Sheriff’s Deputy and Firefighter as a career over the years, but that was before my surgery. After my surgery I was able to return to my fire job. It was a fight to get back on but it is possible.

I dare say the fight was probably not with yourself, right? I had some issues with my management following the OHS and my job was sedentary.

Kevstickle, you should not sell yourself short on getting a job. A preexisting condition cannot keep you from working, even from a desk job, much less a construction job. Go into the medical field, there are millions of opportunities there. OHS has no job restrictions unless you have side problems. Otherwise, your opportunities are endless. You are majoring in Bio Sciences, that is a hugh field. Just don't limit yourself due to your heart condition. I was born with congential aortic heart defect with murmur. I am still alive and was never told to limit what I could with my life. So chosing the medical field, even as a EMT, is great. Never sell your self short. Just study hard, worker harder and you will make something of yourself. And your heart will thanik you later. You have your whole life ahead of you. Good luck and come in often to ask questions or share experiences. Hugs for today.:angel:

Back