what companies supply test strips?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I tried telling my tax guys that I AM an SOB -- they already knew it -- but I couldn't get any medical deductions for it. (You can usually get the InRatio strips for about $190 for a box of 48 on eBay. So far, I haven't had ANY trouble with any of the strips I've bought on eBay)

Just so everyone knows, I went through edgepark and had no problems will billing. Fully covered! Fought with both phillips and UHC and they finially covered the bill. What a hassle! And I will NEVER use phillips again. NEVER!

I would be very wary of using ALERE. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

I have been home monitoring for years (Since 2005) through the local coumadin clinic (Emailing results to them.) I was running out of test strips and called the number on the bottom of my machine. A company that used to be called "QAS." The lady on the phone was very helpful and said I needed to get a rX since it was a long time since I last ordered strips. She emailed me a rx form.

Then I got this bizarre letter / DVD from them welcoming me to Alere home monitoring ?!?!?!?!!!

When I called them, they said I transferred my home monitoring to them!!! Well, I just wanted some $#^*$& test strips. I already have a machine and do monitoring through the coumadin clinic. Since it is the weekend, I cannot get ahold of anyone at the doctors office, or even at Alere to unwind this. The guy at Alere said they don't sell supplies, that I needed to go to Edgepark (Probablyt owned by the same people?!?)

I RECOMMEND STAYING AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. That is a sleazy way to operate.

Alere seems to have changed some policies. They used to be able to send me strips, but now seem unwilling to help me without a doctor's prescription. If I provided them with one, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to enroll me, too. (I self-manage, although I occasionally do the 'clinic thing', but still am uninsured). I often get my strips from a seller on eBay.

Latest posts

Back