What can I say?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also had minimally invasive surgery but I had an emergency trach done. For the first year I wore high necks so no one could see the scar. Now I could care less. It is a very hot summer and I just figure-let them look. As for no visible OHS scar, I have never had anyone askwhere the scar is. I was so excited that I found a surgeon who does this procedure, I usually explain about it before they ask. We are very lucky to have the "port" procedure and to have valves that now work, I wouldn't worry about ignorant people who question whether you had OHS.
Joanne

Hm. Maybe Karlynn could give you some tips.....much like women who draw on eyebrows :)eek: ) perhaps when querried about your lack of a scar you could grab a pen, and say, Oh! goodness! I forgot to put it on today....and draw a red line down the middle of your chest!

Seriously, though, Debi. Just shake your head and sigh at these people. They are rude. You do not need to honor their rudeness with any response at all. Do not wish any ill on yourself. None of us are thrilled with our situation completely....this isn't the stuff of perfection. But it is the gift of continued life, so don't waste a second more of your gift on trying to decide whether or not someone is satisfied with your personal story. You know it is true. That is enough.

:) Marguerite

Hey Debi -

I know what you mean about the "where's your scar" stare, though sometimes I think it's more in my head than anything. I'm self concious about it and that's just downright weird. For folks who are genuine and seem to really want to understand I usually use the term "between the ribs" incision rather than explain that the scar is directly below my breast. Oh, and no, the Tawdry bikini wouldn't work either, the scar is too well hidden even for that! You'd get a good view of the 2 "bullet holes" is about it. For folks who aren't genuine or if I'm just in a pissy mood that day I just let 'em wonder. With all the stents & such being done via veins I'm not so sure folks think heart surgery=scars these days.

Ruth

Back