What a great day!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

I'm celebrating. Today is 9 months post-op (mvr and avr with St. Jude's). While it's been a long trip it's been good. You're the only people who know what it's like to dodge this bullet. When I mention this to other people they either give me a vacant, stupid look or tell me they understand because they had their tonsils out when they were five. My wife and I have done well together, I feel great and life has the promise of a good future.

Thanks for understanding the significance of today for us.

Mike

Congratulations, Mike. So glad that you both are enjoying life and wishing you many more happy years!

I'm glad it has gone so well for you. You have more than a 1000 people on the site who understand your feelings. :)

Good for you Mike!!!!! You made me laugh and that is a good thing. I had a friend just yesterday tell me that she understood what I had been thru because she had had her gall bladder out!!!!! And it was done laprascopically.. At least we can laugh about this stuff... Rose

Congrats Mike

Congrats Mike

Mike,

Nine Months....Woohoo..!!!....Many Many Years Ahead....Most People Do Not Get The Drift Of What We "All" Went Through...They Do Not Understand...We've Been "To The Far Side Of The Mountain" And Back....We Have Great Empathy For Each Other..Only We Know The Feeling...Again Best Wishes... :D

Congratulations, Mike. Each anniversary post op is very sweet. I'm past the two year mark now. I don't think I would be here today without having had the surgery. I never think of the surgery as something dreadful to have gone through but the dreadful part was the disease itself that brought me to that point. The surgery was the best solution available and I'm glad I was able to have it.

Enjoy life...you have much to be thankful about!

Hi Mike-

Big Congratulations. You sound great and well. That's what it's all about.

Yes, we all understand the "secret life" of valve replacement. :)

Mike said:
You're the only people who know what it's like to dodge this bullet. When I mention this to other people they either give me a vacant, stupid look or tell me they understand because they had their tonsils out when they were five.
Mike
As the guy in the Geico commercial says, "That slays me". Man if only they had half a clue. It is laughable, but only to us.

you got that right, Mikey. It's kinda like being in a private club, isn't it?

One by one, they have been coming for several years now - and many still out there to find VR. Lucky us.

Hi Mike!

Congratulations! I can truly celebrate with you because my ten-month anniversary is in one week. I wake up every morning rejoicing that this is THIS year, not last! Who knew life would be so much better with blood flow!!!

May God bless you and your wife in a special way as you celebrate the rest of this year.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Mike. You sound great! It is wonderful to hear these anecdotes and other side of the mountain experiences, especially for those of us who are waiting to join the "club". :) Congratulations on your latest milestone and may you love your extended life so much, you never get tired of counting the victories!

Marguerite

knightfan2691 said:
They understand because they had their tonsils out? HA! If they only knew.....Cort, "Mr MC"

Unless they went through the chest to get at them!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Mike,

Congratulations. I'm 8 months post and still run into those UNDERSTANDING people. Good to hear your life is getting back on track.

Good luck and,

May God Bless,

Danny

Mike,

Mike,

Congratulations on your milestone. You are going to have many, many more wonderful milestones and life will just get better and better - as you already know! :)

Christina L.

Hey...........

Hey...........

Mike said:
I'm celebrating. Today is 9 months post-op (mvr and avr with St. Jude's). While it's been a long trip it's been good. You're the only people who know what it's like to dodge this bullet. When I mention this to other people they either give me a vacant, stupid look or tell me they understand because they had their tonsils out when they were five. Mike

9 months gestation! You've just officially been reborn! Glad to hear that things are going so well and that you are feeling so upbeat! Know what you mean, too, about the tonsils thing. Another mom actually had the audacity to say, "Oh, I know just what you're going through. My daughter had to have tubes put in her ears." Uhhhhh, yeah! Sitting in the waiting room for ear tube implantation certainly compares with my pacing for 9 &1/2 hours during Katie's 4th & 5th open heart surgeries all in one day!!!! Oh, well, at least they try and empathize! Many hugs and congratulations! Janet

We've read with appreciation all the responses to Mike's 9/24 note. Whle we've learned a lot about all sorts of things from the site, the thing that has helped us most is reading the many posts from people who know first hand what ohs/vr is like. We've only met one individual in person who had a valve replaced and he was a lot less than helpful. All the practical info that my docs don't seem to know or think is important, which we have picked up here, has also made worlds of difference in the recovery process. THANKS.

Mike and Diana Clayton

Congrats and thanks for the chuckle

Congrats and thanks for the chuckle

Mike said:
I'm celebrating. Today is 9 months post-op (mvr and avr with St. Jude's). While it's been a long trip it's been good. You're the only people who know what it's like to dodge this bullet. When I mention this to other people they either give me a vacant, stupid look or tell me they understand because they had their tonsils out when they were five. My wife and I have done well together, I feel great and life has the promise of a good future.

Thanks for understanding the significance of today for us.

Mike

Congrats on the 9 mos.! I laughed too about the "tonsils" comment; what I get a kick out of is hearing people tell me "how good I look." I have heard that so much, I have started to tease a little and ask, what did I look like before surgery? Have I improved that much? Seriously, most people have no idea what to say because its difficult to comprehend and they want to be supportive. Celebrate Mike!!

Latest posts

Back