We're going to Disney World!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hey to all !

We're off to Disney World in about 6 weeks. The last time we went was about 7 years ago. If you've been recently, tell me what are the best rides/attractions you'd recommend???
We've got 3 kids (11, 6 & 3) so suggestions to fit their ages would be appreciated!
Thanks!

HI - HO, HI - HO, it's off to vacation we go.......

:) :cool: :)

honeymoon...

honeymoon...

Hi! I went to Disney in Feb. for my honeymoon, so no kids that trip. But, we had a wonderful time! Magic Kingdom has to be my favorite! The Buzz Light Year Blast Off is great for any age! Its like laser guns. The alien ride in front of that is VERY intense!!! Its more of a seat show not a ride. It was pretty scary! The steet parades are still sooo great! They are everyday ay 3pm. And the fireworks show at closing is wonderfull. Epcot was also really great! Maybe not the funnest for young kids, but it is good. They have test trac and the its a small world boat ride. Animal kingdom was our least favorite, but the kids should love it..the dino dig and the safari ride are cool. MGM was also real good, the new Aerosmith rock and roll limo ride is AWESOME!! We did the tower of terror,I did not like it! I have not have my surgery yet, but when I got off that ride I felt like I needed too! You CAN NOT miss the ILLUMINATIONS at Epocot!!!!!! IT IS THE GREATEST!!
All will LOVE IT!! Well, I could go on and on and on about Disney, I love the place! Have a great trip and let us know how the trip and stay was! Where are you staying? We stayed at the Holiday Inn SunSpree, right out side the parks. They have shuttle busses to and from every park free. it was great! Take care!

Right now things are very light because of SARS. We opted for Universal - good rides - no waiting hardly at all. Few crowds. They said the same was happening at DisneyWorld for the same reason. Tho when you come down, the scare may be over or lessened and crowds might be back again. iF YOU HAVE ALREADY visited DisneyWorld, you might try Universal.

I didn't even think of how SARS would effect the attendance at WDW. But it makes sense because so many people from all over the world make visits there. We'll make sure to be extra careful and do lots of extra hand washing and sanitizing!
The whole idea of going on vacation has me a bit rattled anyway. My whole "heart story" began last June when I suffered a silent heart attack while on vacation in Branson......Funny thing, I have no desire to return there anytime soon!!!;) ;) ;)
Still, I am looking forward to getting away and watching the reactions of our kids when they meet their favorite Disney characters for the first time!

Julia:)

Hi Julia

Hi Julia

You are going in 6 weeks. I think that is when school is out in most cities...Crowds may be longer (lines) Admission tickets are so expensive. I have heard where some friends took their kids and only got to ride..maybe 3 rides..all day..because of long lines. We loved Universal..Your age 11 would love it..My favorite was the ET ride there..You feel just like you are on a bike..flying thru the sky..It's been 6 years that we took my now age 10 year old down. He would be too old for Magic Kingdom but we are planning on going back this summer. Just for Universal Studios. More things have opened since we were there.

Playhopuse disney's studio is there, you should take the little ones there, they would love it! My kids are always watching that! Bear in the big blue house, the book of pooh, Stanley, etc... Dont think you will see the Wiggles, because they are in Australia. My kids LOVE them! Well, enjoy your trip!

I just got back today. This trip was for my great granddaughter. At Universal, she didn't even realize she was not at DisneyWorld. So much to do and so many rides. Not as much walking. Much to see. I was really shocked to see the small crowds and the short waiting lines. It might pick up as school is out, but is a great trip no matter which park you go to.

First, if you are staying on site, take advantage of the "early entry" provided to on site guests. This way, you can do the most popular ride(s) before the general public comes in. By the way, I highly recommend The Wilderness Lodge. Absolutely beautiful!!! Second, use the "Fast-pass" system. A lot of people think it is for the use of on-site guests only, but it's for everyone. Third, always, always, stay to the left when going thru the turnstyles at each ride. The left always moves faster. It really does!!! I was told of this tip before we went 2 years ago and, believe it or not, it really works!!! Here is the theory behind it: With 98% of the population being right-handed, people tend to stay to the right when given a choice. So it is only natural to assume that fewer people go to the left thereby making the left lanes faster!!!
Have a blast on your trip!!! I'd go every year if I could afford it. I love it there.:)

I haven't been there since 1989 or 90. I do know this though, If you can afford to do both parks and take the extra time to do them both, you will have had the most excellent trip anyone could want to have. We went to Disney and I'm still kicking myself for not going to Universal too!

I took all three boys and they were very young at the time. One, Steve, was grumpy, mean and tired all day long. He made it miserable for the others and us. I guess what I'm saying is, make sure the kids are well fed, rested, and don't have anything on their little minds but having fun. ;)

Tim, you are absolutely correct. My son works for Disney in Florida and it is a proven fact to keep left in all lines. They do move faster.
Ross, you to are correct about the little ones. Make sure they are old enough to understand. We have seen so many little ones and babies down there and they make whomever they are with miserable because usually it gets hot, the days are long and on and on.
Not just because he works there, but we have always loved Disney and go down as often as possible. Unfortunately it isn't that much. Funny thing, when he was 12 we went and stayed at the Contemporary Hotel. Standing on one of the floors he said, I am going to work here one day. We of course said sure you will.
The rest is history.
Al

Back