Well, Tomorrow Is The Day....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrybaby666

Ole Harrybaby will finally see the Rheumatologist and hopefully find out what is going on with the old bod once again....As yall know, I had some sort of an attack about 6 weeks ago, where I was walking from one class to another and my legs started to feel really weak and the pain just hit me all over both sides from the fingertips right down to my toes....all joints...and the reoccurrance of a rash in the center of my chest that had been coming and going for awhile now....Since the attack that I had, I am having a great deal of difficulty walking and my right knee has swollen up to almost double the size of my left knee and is extremely painful.....I have also been having tingling in my right arm from shoulder to fingertips, and have been dropping things and losing my balance and other issues which are really scaring me such as I seem to be forgetting things more and more.....Just wanted to keep yall posted and will let ya know what I find out tomorrow. :eek::confused::eek:

Oh I will....Thank Yall so much...

Oh I will....Thank Yall so much...

I am truly tired of all this horrid horrid pain. I ended up trading in my Dodge Stratus for a Chrysler Town and Country Minivan as I have been getting horribly horribly stiff and having a hard time getting in and out of the Stratus because it sat so low to the ground. This van has at least eased the pain some when it comes to in and out. Right now, I feel the pain believe it or not, mostly when I am lying in bed and if I move my legs to one side, LOOK OUT....It hurts....and badly....Dr. Berman, my PCP is in agreement that I have some sort of Rheumatic disease and it's taken 2 months of waiting, but I will finally see Dr. Estrada tomorrow morning.....THANK The Heavens. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone...no way, nowhere, nohow.....I can't wait to see what she has to say in the morning!!!:eek:

Hoping and praying you get some answers -- and solutions to this, Harry. Some of that sounds like spinal stenosis. After getting pain upon walking, does the pain subside when you sit or lie down?

Mostly Bob....However...

Mostly Bob....However...

Hoping and praying you get some answers -- and solutions to this, Harry. Some of that sounds like spinal stenosis. After getting pain upon walking, does the pain subside when you sit or lie down?

I had some sort of an attack about 6 weeks ago, where my legs became weak while walking from one hall to the next at school, and the pain that hit me was horrendous...it started in both hands from the fingers, then it went to the elbows then the shoulders then the hips then the knees then the ankles, feet and toes...both sides symmetrically. Since that attack I have been tested for Lyme Disease...Nope.....but my right knee has swollen up to almost double the size of my left knee and I have a gait now when walking. When I am in bed at night however, if I even so much as try and rotate onto my side...OH GOD do my knees and leg joints ever hurt. I have been taking pain pills before I go to bed and mostly they are NOT helping....so this appointment is hopefully going to be my saving grace....As for the Spinal Stennosis, the pain care center feels as though that is under control and will be kept that way with epidurals to start Dec. 22nd, but they do feel as though I have some really bad nerve issues that will require nerve blocks at some point. I tell ya. I am falling apart..

My prayers & well wishes are with you Harry! I hope that whatever it is that's ailing you can be successfully treated & you can start feeling better soon.

We'll be looking forward for your update.

Well...it looks like things are really complicated....

Well...it looks like things are really complicated....

I saw Dr. Estrada today and she said that my symptoms are very strange, and that it will take numerous appointments to figure things out....she took some fluid out of my knee and sent it for evaluation as well as 7 tubes of blood and sent me for x rays on my knees...I go back on January 6th to see what I can find out then.....but at least something is being done about it....thank god...:D:D Harrybaby

Harry, that sounds like a good first step, and also sounds like you have a doc who wants to find out what's going on and take effective action. Continuing to send my best thoughts and prayers ....

Dr. Estrada has done more for me in this one appointment

Dr. Estrada has done more for me in this one appointment

Than any of my other doctors have done.....she's truly interested in what is going on with me and is willing to go the mile to find out what's going on. I am thrilled and totally impressed:D:D

Harry, I know that feeling when you feel like you have finally met a Dr. who is in your corner and is going to really try to help you. Best of luck to you in finding out what is going on and a solution to it.

Kim

Latest posts

Back