Website for Anti-Coagulation Clinics

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gary Snodgrass

Hello Everybody,
Does anyone have the website address which lists the anti-coagulation clinics per state? After I finally got into the INR range suggested by my doctor (2.5-3.0) my INR has dropped below 2.0. I am thinking of going to a clinic because my doctor doesn't seem to being paying close attention to my dosing. After my INR dropped below 2.0 he suggested I lower my weekly dose by 1mg!! I think he's a good doctor but sees so many patients he can't keep track. Anyway, I remember seeing the link to the website somewhere in this site but can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Hi Gary,

I think you'd better get another doctor! 2.0 is WAY TOO LOW...I threw a clot at 1.4 and my surgery needed to be redone.
I don't have the website address for the anticoagulation clinics, but I am sure someone will come along and give that to you.
You also might consider getting a Protime unit. It is a life saving machine. I think that anyone on Coumadin should have one and that it should be paid for by the Insurance companies, just like with diabetes patients.

Christina
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
TMC, Tucson. AZ
Dr. Gulshan Sethi

HI, I went to my cardlogist today and they working on getting me aaa machine to test my inr. I had my surgery in march and it has been up aand down ever since. THis would bring so much peace of mind. I will let you know the out come form th insurance
co. I know this machine has got to save them money in the long run. Good Luck,
Sherrin Hutt
MVR 5/02

Latest posts

Back