Washington DC Metro / Northern Virginia OHS Valvers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SB42

Hi all,

Today is my 16 week anniversary and I am doing / feeling great with my new tissue valve. Back on the treadmill walking / jogging and hitting the weights once again.

I have joined forces with the American Heart Association - Greater Washington Region as a volunteer. I am planning on putting together a team for the annual Heart Walk in November and wanted to see if anyone in the area would like to participate with me. There is also the Lawyers 10K run / fun walk on June 9 that I may get involved with.

Please let me know if you would like to join me in creating awareness and supporting the AHA!

Best regards,

Scott
42 years old - Open Heart Surgery / Bicuspid Aortic Valve Replacement (BAVR) – 01/18/2012 – Virginia Hospital Center – Dr. John Garrett
St. Jude Medical Bovine Trifecta Tissue Valve (TF-21A)

Not to hijack this thread, but anyone in the area, a BIG bunch of us are meeting up at the Baltimore marathon (running the 5k, or half, or on a relay team). We have some cardiac athletes coming from India and Australia this year! Let me know if you want any information....if you don't want to run ,at least come and meet up with us at dinner....talk is fun!

tprice54, send me some info or post up in a new thread here. I am sure some more folks would be interested.

Back