Walter's surgery tomorrow 8/15

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Walter - here you go on the path to the mountaintop. Good wishes and prayers go with you and we hope to hear the news really soon and that all goes well. GODSPEED

Hi Walter

Hi Walter

Please know we'll all be thinking of and praying for you tomorrow. I think one of the biggest strengths for us when Tyce when in was the fact that I knew everyone on this list had been where we were and had made it through. You have done all your homework and double checked it, you're comfortable with your surgeon and hospital, now it's time to put it in their and God's hands......Believe me, you will be in our thoughts today, tomorrow, and every day till you're home and posting.

Thank you for arranging to have your daughters post while you're "mountain climbing!" We will be supporting you through prayer and good thoughts........

Go with God, my friend, for he truly is there with you.

Evelyn and Tyce

Hi Walter-

I want to wish you all the best for your surgery tomorrow. You'll do fine, and we'll all be here waiting to hear from your family and eventually from you.

Take care and GOOD SURGERY!

Hmmmm........Walter, the valley awaits you on the other side. You are at base camp today, and tomorrow....at the peak. Coming down is easier than going up. (sort of....at least the climb is over with).

Godspeed.

Wayne and Marybeth

Hi Walter,

Believe it or not, the hard part is almost over. By now you've probably accepted the fact that you need this surgery and that the outcome is in God's hands.

I wish you a very successful operation and a quick, smooth recovery.

Also, I can guarantee you that the smile on your face when you wake up and realize that you've made it to the top of the mountain will be fantastic. It will keep coming back time and time again for several months at least.

I will be praying for you and for your family tomorrow and looking forward to reading posts about your progress in the next few days.

Ron K

Walter,

Prayers for you, your family, and your surgeon. I pray for a smooth operation and speedy recovery.

God Bless you all

BECKY

GOOD LUCK WALTER!!

GOOD LUCK WALTER!!

Walter, good luck with your procedure tomorrow. I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

Best regards,

Johnny

Let me thank you all for thinking of me as I get ready for the big event tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15. Pre-op is 6:30 and surgery is supposed to start at 7:30.

Thanks to you all I am feeling rather confidant at this point. The surgeon is qualified and experienced, the hospital is ranked pretty high, we are only four miles from the hospital (Thinking of Evelyn?s frequent trips on the LIE) and the surgical team seems to be first class based on all I have heard. Got my teeth all fixed up, what a bill that is, and paperwork all in order. The last signature was the paperwork on power of attorney. Seems so unreal at times.

I went in to the office today and spoke to a lot of folks who wish me well. Figured I better do that as I will be home for several weeks later. As an aside, I cannot tell you how many people have come up to me, once learning of my condition, and started telling me about some sort of a heart problem either they or a family member has had. Even today I was walking out of the office I saw some folks who I know that work at the state. We were talking about my surgery and one of the guys says that he has two leaky valves and will need surgery within a year. Unreal. Must make him a member of VR.com/org

So I got my laptop all set up downstairs next to the recliner and I even have video conferencing capability (Polycom). Such a life. Any way it was good to see the staff one more time. It makes you feel good that so many people are concerned and care.

Amy I hope all goes well with Alan, and Ross you get your butt out of ICU so we can start re-hab together.

There are so many people to thank and I don?t want to miss anyone. You all are great people and I want to continue conversing with you and helping others get through this as well. I will have lots of questions about coumadin. Do this, don?t do that, and what ever you do never do that. Does this mean I have to give up rollerblades?

Our daughters are flying in this afternoon from LA. So I have to head out to the airport pick them up at three.

Thanks again and keep those prayers coming.

Walter

Thinking of you tomorrow

Thinking of you tomorrow

Hi Walter..I will be thinking of you and Nicole tomorrow. Don't worry, you can keep your rollerblades but will have to give up the skateboard. Might fly up and hit you in the head.:D Coumadin is not that big of a deal. You will go home with the right dosage and probably stay there. Be sure and apply for a Protime as soon a possible..Saves a lot of trips to clinic for draws, ect. Good luck. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back