Waiting Room Report: Yearly Echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you are moving in the slow lane. I would be concerned about the aneurysm size. Mine measured 4.5cm on an echo, but was really 5.1cm per a CT scan. I was told that the CT scan measurements are more accurate and my surgeon advised to have surgery within 6 months of the results. I know there is no crystal ball to see into the future to know at what point it may/will rupture. Just wanted to share my situation as a possible scenario.

Thanks for your concern, Steph. I had a CT scan in January so we are monitoring the aneurysm closely. I don't want to have CTs too often because of the radiation exposure. So my cardio and I have decided to wait for the next echo. I'm a big guy (6'5") so the relative size of the aorta is probably not as bad as it would be for a much smaller individual.

Jim

Good to see we have good company in the waiting room, Jim! Lots of people going on and graduating to the other side this year : ) Glad you're still in the waiting room.. Best
Nupur

Thanks for your concern, Steph. I had a CT scan in January so we are monitoring the aneurysm closely. I don't want to have CTs too often because of the radiation exposure. So my cardio and I have decided to wait for the next echo. I'm a big guy (6'5") so the relative size of the aorta is probably not as bad as it would be for a much smaller individual.

Jim

Phew! I'm glad you said you're a big guy because I was also concerned about the growth of your aneurysm. Mine's 4.5 cm but I'm small (4'10" and less than 100 lbs), so yeah, it's probably not as bad.

Otherwise, good news!! Hurrah!

Cheers,
Michelle

Latest posts

Back