VP and his shotgun

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RCB said:
You are sick, you know you are, everyone knows it and that is exactly what it takes to lead this motley gang of crazies here and we love you for it!:D

Would anyone sane do your job?:eek:

I agree completely with RCB.
These are my thoughts, and I'm sticking to them!:p :p :p

In what kind of nation would the press ignore the fact that one of its heads of state shot a man??? If the Vice President's shooting a man is not news, what is??? I wouldn't suggest for a second that it was anything but an accident, but I am comforted by the idea that our free press will investigate and, in the end--hopefully--assure me and the rest of the watching world that it was, in fact, an accident.

As a non-hunter I do have some questions I'd like to see answered: Did he bring a friend hunting who had no knowledge of hunting protocol? Why was this man not educated in the ways of rejoining the stalking line? Were the guy's reflexes too slow to react in a common situation? Should someone have recognized this (if not Cheney, then how about his secret servicemen)? Maybe all of the aforementioned was covered completely and everyone did what they should have (excepting the guy who got shot)--I still want to know. And why did he not have his $7 quail ticket? He didn't KNOW he needed it? Come on..."but officer I didn't know the speed limit"...isn't good enough when Joe Citizen speeds in an automobile and it shouldn't be good enough for the VP of the USA with an entire staff at his disposal, no less. Shame on him if that's the best he's got.

I would be very disappointed if our press did not fully investigate AND I would be very surprised if they found much of note. To suggest that shooting a man--however accidental and however much he might share blame for the circumstances--is something to merely chuckle at and let go of or, worse yet, accept as some sort of expected collateral damage, demonstrates just how desensitized people can get.

I would be curious to know

I would be curious to know

who is a "democrat" and who is a "republican" on this thread. :)

It is not really a funny situation - this hunting accident involving Cheney, but the comedians are taking it and running with it. I think the incident is being politicized (what else is new in this country) and I just think the incident needs to be put to rest. I'm tired of hearing about it and tired of hearing the democrats use it for their own political gain (it ain't gonna work, but they're trying).

Christina L

I don't think this incident is comparable to Ford's bumbling or the first president Bush's vomiting. In those cases, no one else was impacted by their actions.

If I had accidentally shot a person, I wouldn't consider it, "no big deal." If the person I shot had a mild heart attack as a result, I would be striken with guilt.
I can't imagine that I would play the "blame game" and try to determine if I were at fault, or if the person I shot were at fault. Unfortunately, the consequences aren't changed by whose fault it is.

It is pretty clear!

It is pretty clear!

Christina L said:
who is a "democrat" and who is a "republican" on this thread. :)
Cristina L

Asked and answered!:D

Fox News at 6 P.M.

Fox News at 6 P.M.

Brit Hume (sp) interviewed the V.P. earlier today.It will be shown at 6 P.M on Fox...........First interview about what happened that day..Bonnie

I sure hope

I sure hope

Granbonny said:
Brit Hume (sp) interviewed the V.P. earlier today.It will be shown at 6 P.M on Fox...........First interview about what happened that day..Bonnie

He takes Bill Clinton's advice and bites his lower lip, brings a tear to his eyes, declaring "I feel this man's pain!" Then takes Jimmy Swaggart's advice and
falls to his knees, weeping and says "I have SINNED!" Maybe, that will satisfy the press........Hmmmm, No, not gonna happen!:rolleyes: ;) :D

Good grief. Here we have 2 friends who go hunting and there is a tragic accident. Guess what - it happens all the time. The only reason the press is making such a stink about this is they grab on to anything these days that cause "black marks" on the current administration. Every time I turn on the news I hear people talking about impeachment for somebody sneezing wrong.

I am sure Cheney feels badly for what has happened. Why should he have to apologize to ANYONE other than his friend and perhaps his friend's family.

After listening to this saga all day yesterday, into the evening and reading about it in the papers, I find it totally ridiculous that the press doesn't have anything better to report on. I mean, some of the accounts are already filling us in on what kind of homicide charges will be brought against the VP if this guy dies. I mean...give me a break! It was an accident, and accidents do happen when someone is hunting. Like most dangerous sports, you have to be willing to take some risks. LINDA

What's the matter, Ross

What's the matter, Ross

Ross said:
Like I said, I may be sick, but I find the whole thing humorous.

Can't swim?:eek: :D :D

Good one Ross & RCB...

Good one Ross & RCB...

Hey there RCB.. I love you too honeybun and not to worry, I'm too dang old to change...:D And you're invited down here to South Texas anyday.. Shoot, I'll even drive ya around the pasture. Oops, maybe that was a poor choice of words...:eek:

I just couldn't resist again...you guys are the funniest!

I'm just glad that V.P was not shooting a Daisy Red Ryder.Thousand of past generations had them in their Xmas gifts. Wonder how many eyes have been shot out.:eek: B.B's bouncing back...:eek: I made the mistake of buying one for for Grandson when he was age 10...We had paper targets for him to shoot at..but, no..he wanted to shoot at other things. and those little suckers (B.B's)can really bounce back.:eek: ... Thank goodness, it was a passing thing..Got bored, when I told him..NO way you can shoot my birds....They are now collectables..from the 1930's...Bonnie

Granbonny said:
I'm just glad that V.P was not shooting a Daisy Red Ryder.Thousand of past generations had them in their Xmas gifts. Wonder how many eyes have been shot out.:eek: B.B's bouncing back...:eek: I made the mistake of buying one for for Grandson when he was age 10...We had paper targets for him to shoot at..but, no..he wanted to shoot at other things. and those little suckers (B.B's)can really bounce back.:eek: ... Thank goodness, it was a passing thing..Got bored, when I told him..NO way you can shoot my birds....They are now collectables..from the 1930's...Bonnie

I couldn't care less about Cheney and his shotgun and the swarm of political allegations flying about, but I have to respond to this. Summer before 8th grade, I was sent to Summer Camp. One of our activities was a bb-gun shooting range, and we all were given Daisy bb-guns and a bag of bb's. My first shot -- my VERY first shot -- ricoched (is that the proper past tense of richchet?) off a tree trunk and slammed me in the corner of my eye.

I was knocked flat and in agony for about 2 minutes (nobody wore goggles back then). But the paid eventually subsided and I was fine. Needless to say, every time I see the Christmas Story on TV I want to scream "YOUR MOTHER IS RIGHT!! EVERYONE IS RIGHT!!"

Down hyar we'd tell thet thar lawyer t'jest git up, brush it off an' git on wif it. Don't fo'git t'DUCK----o' is thet QUAIL???? Then we'd probably complain about him makin' us miss th' bird.:eek: :eek: :p :p :D :D

Honestly, when I was young (and maybe a little stupid---who me????:rolleyes: ) if the Dove shooting was slow that day we would pass the time shooting birdshot at each other. You were usually very far away (not like close up quail hunting) and it was just a spray. But it sure got your attention. And that was with 12 guage shotguns, not those whimpy 28 guage.:eek: :eek: :D

May God Bless,

Danny

I resemble that remark!

I resemble that remark!

gadgetman said:
Honestly, when I was young (and maybe a little stupid--

Danny

It must be a guy thing:rolleyes: :D

Girls just seem to be born with adult minds.:confused:

I have heard no politicians give any opinions - only the press asking questions. They always stir the pot; it's their job. There aren't any secrets in government, nor should there be. Somebody always finds out. Private lives are never private, are they? Probably a shame but there it is.

I haven't heard anyone say anything much about the shootee except he got shot, had a heart attack, and is, incidentally, a lawyer, and will likely get well.

As a matter of interest how does one shoot quail? Do they shoot them while they are on the ground or flying?

Ann,

Quail hunting is usually done with dawgs, pointers to be exact. They call them pointers because that is what they do "Point". No, they don't say "hey, stupid, there are some birds over here":p , but they smell a covey (more than one quail) of birds and will go into a stance with one front paw raised and the tail straight out. They (if they are good) will stay that way until the birds flush. You don't shoot them on the ground (it is against the law in Georgia). You usually don't even see them until they fly. They get up with a loud noise that will startle you even when you are expecting it. The covey of birds will fly in all directions away from the hunter and the dawgs, usually very low. That is why it is very important for EVERYONE to know where EVERYONE ELSE is at all times.:eek: :eek: You NEVER get in front of the other hunters.:eek: The birds flush (that means get up and fly away for you HUNTING CHALLENGED:p ) and you only have a split second to get your shotgun up, aim and shot.

That was probably MORE than you wanted to know about quail hunting but YOU DID ASK!!!!!:D :D :D

I'm with Ross, YAWN!!!!!!!:D :rolleyes:

May God Bless,

Danny

thanks, Danny. I really did want to know. As nearly everyone is trying to 'see' the scene, this helps to know how something could happen. Poor little quail. I know it's been a sport for forever; I just can't get a handle on it. Like it's said below - it's a guy thing.

We have some quail that live down the lane (our wee road) and they fly when the car approaches. They just run around and I guess they live and nest on the ground as that's where we always see them. Wonder if quail are the whippoorwhills we hear in the evenings and dawn hours. called turtledoves?

Latest posts

Back