Viruses and Palpitations

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csigabiga

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hey!

Almost 12 weeks post op and proud to report I got my first cold virus. For the first few days heart palpitations (PVCs I believe) returned out of no where. Which leads me to my question: Does anyone else experience PVCs when they are sick?

While I'm at it, I also took some cold medication (Tylenol cold and flu) and had a few drinks. Does anyone else think that's why my INR went up a bit over the weekend?

I know that the onset of my arrythmia (started as occasional ectopic beats, morphed into full time sinus tachycardia) was associated with a couple of exposures to COVID but I had no clear symptoms from that exposure.
🤷‍♂️

Hey!

Almost 12 weeks post op and proud to report I got my first cold virus. For the first few days heart palpitations (PVCs I believe) returned out of no where. Which leads me to my question: Does anyone else experience PVCs when they are sick?

While I'm at it, I also took some cold medication (Tylenol cold and flu) and had a few drinks. Does anyone else think that's why my INR went up a bit over the weekend?
I think we all have PVCs from time to time. Since you are so soon out of surgery it would be a good idea to let your doctor know......just to be safe.

If your INR went up by only a few tenths I wouldn't worry.......it happens. The combination of the "cold" + the "cold" medicine + a couple(?) of drinks could cause an INR change. See what happens on your next INR.

Warfarin management has a learning curve. It's a learning curve that will take a little time for you to become familiar with.........and, even then, warfarin will throw you a curve ball from time to time.

I have the same thing. I can often tell I'm about to come down with a cold by the onset of PVCs. It's the only time I really get them in any significant number.

Latest posts

Back