Trouble Breathing?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kelbel

Hi all,

My best friend's mother recently underwent triple bypass and is almost two weeks out of surgery.

I had a question for anyone that might be able to answer it to see if maybe I could add a bit of ease to her mind. Her mother has had trouble breathing off and on since the surgery. They've taken her back and have had fluid removed from her lungs and tomorrow she has another appointment if they don't go ahead and take her to the emergency room. My question is, is it normal to have trouble breathing after surgery? Or for it to feel labored as such? Maybe that's a dumb question seeming that she has had her chest opened, but this whole surgery came quite as a surprise to everyone and there was no time to do research.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Kel

Having trouble breathing post surgery doesn't sound like an ordinary event to me. There could be many different scenarios for having trouble breathing including infection, fluid buildup, blood clots and probably many other things. I hope they took the lady to the ER. There is no way to tell what her problems are without expert examination.

If it were my husband he would go to the ER and not wait.

I wish her well.

Nancy said:
Having trouble breathing post surgery doesn't sound like an ordinary event to me. There could be many different scenarios for having trouble breathing including infection, fluid buildup, blood clots and probably many other things. I hope they took the lady to the ER. There is no way to tell what her problems are without expert examination.

If it were my husband he would go to the ER and not wait.

I wish her well.

Thanks, Nancy. :) They have already removed fluid from her lungs and she was a smoker. :( She also is very prone to panic attacks and took Paxil before she went into surgery (it was emergency surgery). They tested for blood clots last week when they readmitted her (they've already went though this once before :( ) and couldn't find a clot.

Of course, they have to wait and see what she wants to do, but hopefully we'll find out an answer soon. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

Kel

Latest posts

Back