traveling with home testers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

I am going to California for a few weeks and think I would like to take my protime along. I have a cold pack for the strips. I wanted to know how to wrap the machine and does turbulance disturb the innner workings of the machine as much as it disturbs me? Also, if the strips have a date of 5/06 does that mean I can use them thru the month of May or does that mean that they stop working on May 1?

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Sharon
St Judes avr 4/97

Hi Sharon,

I have a Protime unit and take it with me when I travel. You can obtain a fitted travel case for the unit from QAS.

I do not worry about my test strips. I take them with me, and do not keep them refrigerated while traveling It is OK to place them in a refrigerator once you arrive at your destination. The strips have a certain number of days they they will remain OK, as long as they are kept in the original foil packaging. Placing them back in the refrigerator will "stop the clock" on them from going bad.

I do not know what kind of unit you have, but you may want to check with the folks you purchased it from to see if they also can sell travel cases for it.

Mine is nothing more than a well padded case. If you are traveling to another country, you may also want to check on the electrical requirements. You may need at the very least an electrical plug converter, and also a transformer if you are going to be charging it.

Hope this helps,

Rob

We've traveled with the ProTime machine, in the case from QAS, several times with no concerns. Once, before 9/11, we packed the case without the machine in it. I just wrapped the ProTime in a sweater and put it in my big purse.
Blanche

As an engineer in a medical device manufacturing plant, I can verify that an expiration of 5/06 means that the strips expire at the end of the month.

traveling with home testers

Hi Rob, Ron, Blanche and Mike,

Thank you for all your helpful info. I have a protime and am just going to CA but I wanted to take it and use it while I am away. As I do not have a case I guess I'll use lots of bubble wrap to keep it safe. I'll look at the web site mentioned by Ron. It's good to know that I have until the end of the month to use up my supply.

Sharon
St Judes avr 4/97

Latest posts

Back