Took my first big fall today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

:eek: :eek: After leaving the grocery store, hubby opened passenger door..and a very large woman with a cigerette in her mouth reached passed him and started playing with my dog (Papillion) He is very active and jumpy..so I grabbed him to keep him from jumping out of car...Was holding him and woman kept coming towards me:mad: :mad: :mad: Saying how cute he was, ect. and next thing I knew ...Had fallen over ..Cement bumper stop in parking lot. Dropped the dog and fell..fell. fell.:eek: :eek: Lucky for me I threw my left hand down and stopped me from hitting my head on concrete.No broken bones..Just very sore:mad: :mad: I reminded hubby if I had hit my head to call 911..:eek: :eek: Bonnie P.S. Kallie was so scared he just sat there:D :D :D So will see if I have any bruises tomorrow. I don't bruise very easy.:) First little mishap in almost a year. March 25th will be my first Ann.

Oh no, Bonnie - what an awful experience. Thank God you are ok. Shame on that woman - ignorant. Hope you are not bruised, but you just watch out tomorrow, bet they will be there. Did you go to ER? Take care and hope you can rest tonight. :mad:

Granbonnie

Granbonnie

I hope you were able to talk to the crazy lady. She should have known better than to go up to a dog in the first place. When my family had a dog, a neighborhood kids would be by, we would caution all to be careful, that we could not guarentee that the dog would not bite. Most people use commons sense. But there are those who blow caution out of the head and get mad of the dog or cat bites them. I am glad you and your precious one did not get hurt. I hope the crazy lady had a scare about bothering other people, especially dogs. Take care and glad you two were not hurt.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Bonnie,
Sorry to hear of your incident and hope you wake tomorrow bruise free. Something somewhere will probably be sore, just hope not too bad. Glad you're O.K. and take care of yourself...

I guess I've found out what the email was about!
Dang woman. I'm glad your alright. Sometimes you really do need that guardian angel. :)

Good Golly Kiddo,

I can't stand the thought of you falling down like that. Glad you don't bruise easily.

Certain you will be sore if only for using muscles in ways they are not normally used, reacting to catch yourself and all.

Hope you are able to keep up your walking and exercises.

Best wishes

Billy Bob
still your diet buddy even if you are beating me.

Hey Bonnie, I am sorry about your fall! Man, I hate when stupid people come up and want to pet unknown dogs! Especially when they don't even bother to ask! I liked how you put that she had a cigarette in her mouth, you just sort of painted a redneck picture for me. I hope you feel better soon, and keep us posted, and BE CAREFUL!

Hey Bonnie.....Sorry to hear about your 'downfall' at the hands of the redneck lady - You seem to have reacted pretty good.........

....In an effort to deter folks from bothering you, maybe you should get yourself a rotweiller next time:) :)

Hi Bon

SO glad you're ok. Bruises heal, girlfriend, but broken bones don't!!! Thank goodness you are ok. How stupid was that woman to go up to an unfamiliar dog without asking permission or if the dog was friendly. From now on, put a sign on the car....THIS DOG IS VICIOUS!!! Probably won't do any good, but lots of people will be laughing!!

I'm sure you'll be sore today....rest and relax a bit.

Ev

Sign.....

Sign.....

Hey Bonnie.......

Maybe you should have a sign like a friend of mine has......

....It says: 'Never mind the dog, BEWARE OF THE OWNER'

Guardian angel.

Guardian angel.

Wow! Bonnie, that?s scary!! Just goes to show you never know when something like that might happen. I hope you?re not too sore this morning.

If you fall down and bonk your head, are you ALWAYS supposed to have it checked? :eek: I mean if you don?t hit it all that hard..... :confused: Just wondering.... I?m sure I?ve been ?bonked? on the head a couple times since my surgery and never thought anything about it.

Hey, Bonnie!!! My anniversary is April the 6th!! THREE YEARS! Wowzers, time flies.

Sure Cure

Sure Cure

Bonny-Glad you're OK. What you need to heal up is some of those good old Georgia bisquits and gravy. Just thinking about it makes me drool as I chew on my bran muffin. Seriously-glad you were not seriously injured. Chris

Bonnie

Bonnie

Sorry about your fall. I hope you don't become too sore. You should tell your hubby you need a massage:D :D :D you deserve it. You could really milk this.

Thanks to all of you

Thanks to all of you

For your concern. I am very sore ..right hip mostly..but NO bruises. I am very lucky there. taking coumadin...Taking tylenol and trying not to sit too much..Guess I'm lucky the large woman did not fall on me too:eek: :eek: and that I did not hit my head on the concrete bumper.:eek: Thanks again...:) Bonnie

Golly Granbonnie..

Golly Granbonnie..

Sorry about your fall.. and glad it wasn't worse.

Did you know most of us ummm, older women are prone to break a wrist when trying to break a fall? So you were lucky in that respect too..

You must have good bones.

Pushy Southerner's :)

Pushy Southerner's :)

Hi Bonnie,

Glad you are ok! That must have been scary.

Have had 2 incidents in the last four years. One was a pretty bad spill on the stairs. Man the bruises. I have bruises most of the time come to think of it. Hoping they will clear before I break out the shorts at the end of the month:p

Bonnie are you OK?

Bonnie are you OK?

Hope you aren't bruised too badly. If you are apply some green colored base over the bruises (if they are in the red stage) and then cover with a base matching your skin color it will help to hide any bruising. I learnt this when I fell down a flight of stairs on my face/head last October. Both of my eyes and most of my face was bruised along with some other areas on my body. Not a pretty sight so I had to learn how to cover the bruising so that I didn't look like an abused woman.

You will probably be sore for a while but hopefully you will be right back to normal:D

Let us know how you are making out. OK?

Latest posts

Back