Tony Snow and the meaning of life

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what different people's opinions are of Tony, but regardless of his views, he was a human being just like you and me. I had the privledge of coming across an article that he wrote for Christianity Today recently, and I thought to myself that this applies to all of us. We all are here at this site because there is something wrong with us or a loved one.

Tony wrote a marvelous piece that I think we should all read. It discusses why we have the illness that we do. It talks about Why Me, and other questions I know we have asked ourselves. And it sums everything up perfectly with the followiung...

"We don't know much, but we know this: No matter where we are, no matter what we do, no matter how bleak or frightening our prospects, each and every one of us, each and every day, lies in the same safe and impregnable place?in the hollow of God's hand."

Here is the link: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/july/25.30.html?start=1

Thanks for sharing. Love the quote, I believe it's so true.

Tony Snow was born in Berea, Kentucky, just over 50 miles from here. He was a true gentleman. A sad loss.

Thank you for posting the link to this wonderful article. Someone had sent me this prior to my husband's surgery and it was such a blessing. I have been searching for the link to send this to others facing difficult times.

What a testimony of a life well lived!

Thank you for the link to that wonderful article. I was a big Tony Snow fan and this article demonstrates why I held him in high regard.

You know what would have been awesome, would have been if he had recorded himself reading that. I mean, I can hear his voice reading it when I read the article, but it would have really been something special to actually hear him read it.

I am sure he is in a far better place right now. I hope I can meet him someday (just no time soon).

I appreciate the link

I appreciate the link

I don't know what different people's opinions are of Tony, but regardless of his views, he was a human being just like you and me. I had the privledge of coming across an article that he wrote for Christianity Today recently, and I thought to myself that this applies to all of us. We all are here at this site because there is something wrong with us or a loved one.

Tony wrote a marvelous piece that I think we should all read. It discusses why we have the illness that we do. It talks about Why Me, and other questions I know we have asked ourselves. And it sums everything up perfectly with the followiung...

"We don't know much, but we know this: No matter where we are, no matter what we do, no matter how bleak or frightening our prospects, each and every one of us, each and every day, lies in the same safe and impregnable place?in the hollow of God's hand."

Here is the link: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/july/25.30.html?start=1

I've always been a huge Tony Snow fan. Loved the fact that Tony never let the media get away with distorting the truth. He did it with Style too.

I will truly miss him.

Back