Tomorrow is the big day!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

brocansky

Well, the wait is almost over. Tomorrow morning I go in for my aortic root and aortic valve replacement surgery. I'd like to thank all of you who have replied to my posts and emailed me. Your support and knowledge have motivated me and kept me very positive. Despite some sleep challenges, I feel good. I know I'll be fine and I'll be sure to check in from the 'other side' soon! Please keep me in your thoughts tomorrow. The more positive energy, the better.

Cheers to life,
Michelle :)

Michelle,

I am so happy for you that this wait is almost over. I am sure you will do fine and soon you will be posting in the "post-surgery" thread!!!!

Godspeed and see you on the other side.

Michelle -- good luck tomorrow! I had my AR and AV replaced last month and I can tell you that the waiting was certainly the hardest part. Before you know it you'll be back to normal.

take care,
Joe

Positive thoughts going your way

Positive thoughts going your way

I will be thinking about you . I am having mitral valve and bypass surgery January 18th. I know you will be home by then so I hope you will let me know how it went.
Wishing you a quick recovery .

Good luck!!!

Good luck!!!

Hi there, Michelle! You can count on my prayers and good vibes tomorrow! You sound great and that's very important!! I'll be thinking of you and keeping all my fingers crossed too! See you soon!!
Débora

Best Wishes

Best Wishes

Michelle,

The waiting was so much harder than the surgery. You will be in my thoughts.

Kathy

Hugs & prayers are coming your way. You will be just fine and remember to please have someone post for you as soon as they can.

I'm sure you'll do fine, Michelle. The hardest part is almost behind you. God bless, and we'll see you on the other side of this.:)
Mary

Michelle. Want to wish you the very best tomorrow! I will keep you in my thoughts. I take my first step tomorrow to get a first opinion from a surgeon. Will I get a date? I don't know. Soon I will be talking with you about how to manage the waiting period, or what to take to the hospital, or how to sleep comfortably......so confident I am that you will be back posting here in no time.

Good luck on your journey!!

:) Marguerite

Hi Michelle, well that horrible wait is now over I think that the wait is the hardest part of the whole thing my Mom and I will be thinking of you tomorrow!!:) speedy recovery

Hugs Carolyn

Michelle,
thanks for letting us share the burden of waiting. Tomorrow is the easy part, and then there's that getting better, which you'll also get through. Just remember to listen to your body, ask questions, take your pain medicine and the most important, cough/deepbreathe/walk. (I know that last one is more than one thing but I tried to make it one LOL). If you're like me you'll be surprised afterward how much better you feel. I don't think I realized how crummy I felt because I'd felt that way for so long I just thought it was "normal".
Please have someone let us know how you're doing tomorrow so we don't worry too much!

Best wishes, Michelle. We look forward to hearing that you are over the mountain and doing fine. You will be in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

you will be in many prayers as you make the trek up and over the mountain to the best side. We will wait right here to hear how you are getting on. GODSPEED!

Michelle,
I know that it may be difficult to get any rest tonight but I hope that you do. I think the night before was one of the longest in this journey. Please know that all of us are praying for you and sending out our most positive energy for you. My hope for you tomorrow is that you'll wake after your surgery with minimal discomfort. Best wishes.
Rita Ann

Best of luck, Michelle. We'll be thinking of you; all my prayers go with you.

This time next week you'll most likely be home and the worst will be far behind you.

Latest posts

Back