Today my valve is 60

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

months old, or 5 years, so I guess I'm going to kindergarten. I don't have any great thoughts this morning, just all the things I've been able to see and do the past five years, things I would have missed out on if a very astute ER doctor hadn't found the problem quickly. I watched my daughter graduate from high school, and cried. I watched my oldest son get married and cried. I watched two other sons graduate from college at the same time, but didn't cry. I baptized my grandson. I finished work on an additional degree.
Five years is also a long time to be coming to VRcom every day, usually several times a day. Perhaps I'm fixated on heart problems, but this is still such an unusual surgery that only the people here really "get" it. So I will probably keep returning here for my emotional fix. And I'll keep joking about painkillers -- I've never met one I didn't like -- since 5 years ago this morning they were hooking me up for some wonderful stuff. The rest of that day is a blur, and maybe today will be also. But today is one of those tomorrows I wouldn't have had without that surgery.
Well, I need to get my INR checked...

Jim, I remember when you came to us - and you have been a faithful contributor since then. I bet today will be a humbling day for you and you will thank God over and over for taking care of us wee children of His. He gives us new lives and perspectives over and over. I am so glad you, and all of us, are still here to do what we were meant to do. Blessins.....

Congratulations, Jim. So glad you have had so many blessings in the last five years and wishing you many more wonderful years with your family.

Congratulations, Jim, on your five year anniversary.

I hope you will still be marking anniversaries when your 600th rolls around!:)

Congratulations, Jim!

Congratulations, Jim!

Enjoy your day! I hope you're planning to do something special to celebrate.

May there be many more such anniversaries for everybody here!

Congrats Jim!

Amazing what all transpires in 5 years huh? Even the little things mean a lot to us. ;)

Congrats, Jim

Congrats, Jim

I am about 4 months behind you for my 5th..birthday of my valve.:) ..I want to brag on you a little.:D Jim is always the first on Sunday Night chat..to monitor...he helps newbees lost, if we ask a question..like how far is it to?..he is back with the answer in a few minutes.:D He makes Sunday night chat fun and informative.:D ...A big thank you to Jim.:) :) :) :) Bonnie

Congratulations Jim! I wish you many more successful birthdays. Did you make your valve a birthday cake with a tasty morphine icing?:D

Jim, that is a wonderful milestone. I too sometimes think of all the wonderful things I would have missed if I hadn't gotten a new valve and, like you, most of them have to do with milestones in the lifes of loved ones.

It is strange isn't it but I check in on this site almost daily as well. Even when I don't post I still carry the members here around with me in my heart. I don't even feel odd anymore when I inject into a conversation something from one of my internet friends!

Thanks for all the replies. Mary, I'll get the calculator out and figure out what that means sometime. Karlynn, I'll look for that in the recipe section. I did try the first bottle of a Vienna Lager I made, and it was very smooth.

Congratulations Jim...

Congratulations Jim...

Jim,

Congrats on your valve anniversary. You and I are one of the oldies and have known eachother for quite a while. We even have met a couple times at our yearly reunions. Yes, there would have been many things we would not have experienced if we wouldn't have gotten fixed. I also feel and show daily gratitude to our Almighty God and look forward to the next exciting day.
I wish you many, many more years.

Jim,
Congratulation on this milestone with hopefully many more to come.
Had my tenth several months ago.
Maybe we could meet for lunch again one day, it's been quite awhile since we did it last.
Rich
PS: I would drive north this time.

Sounds good to me, Rich, whether you drive north or I drive south. Is Tony available? Is anyone else from this area interested in getting together?

Congrats on this milestone. Hope to have you around for 10 times that amount (at the very least).

Latest posts

Back