Thursday is coming fast

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70sdiver

Man Thursday is coming fast ! I haven't got my check in time yet hoping for early morning so I don't have to sit around thinking about lol. I'll have avr with INSPIRIS RESILIA aortic valve and the maze procedure. Hopefully after this surgery I can get off felecinide for my afib and get my wind back. Scared umm ya but I'm scared on all my skydives to until it's time to fly! It's almost time for a new flight.

Leaving for Seattle in a couple hours and will be checking in tomorrow for my surgery.I'm suppose to get my check in time later today and hoping for an early morning surgery.

I wish you a successful surgery, and a smooth and quick recovery.

Thank You. Todays been sore one the shoulder and back muscles been painful all day.
I had terrible pain in my back that lasted a few weeks. I ended up sleeping on the couch many nights so I could be propped up. Sometimes that pain and the pain from having my innominate artery repaired was worse than the pain in my sternum. The pain will hopefully get to be less and less each day and one day you will wake up and the pain will be gone. :) Best wishes.

Couple more weeks, the pain will ease even more. Now almost 80 days post op, still seem to have diaphragm bruising just under the rib cage. Shoulder & back pains are gone. And the inspirometer was no longer a struggle weeks ago - just after it was really tough.
I’m thinking the hard part is over.

Now almost 80 days post op, still seem to have diaphragm bruising just under the rib cage.

My ribs gave me some discomfort following surgery. Specifically it was the intercostal muscles found between the ribs. The interesting thing is that I did not notice the pain until about 6 weeks after surgery. It was uncomfortable, but very tolerable. One particular intercostal would be tender and uncomfortable to sleep on, but would feel better after about a week. But, there soon would be another one which bothered me next. This went on for 6-8 weeks.

Our rib cages and shoulders get manipulated significantly during open heart surgery and it takes some time for all the parts to feel normal again.

My ribs gave me some discomfort following surgery. Specifically it was the intercostal muscles found between the ribs. The interesting thing is that I did not notice the pain until about 6 weeks after surgery. It was uncomfortable, but very tolerable. One particular intercostal would be tender and uncomfortable to sleep on, but would feel better after about a week. But, there soon would be another one which bothered me next. This went on for 6-8 weeks.

Our rib cages and shoulders get manipulated significantly during open heart surgery and it takes some time for all the parts to feel normal again.
Ahh - maybe it is my intercostals… somewhere around the ribs. I figured that pain came up after the more severe pains seemed to get resolved. Seems related to deep breaths.

Latest posts

Back