Thursday 8/15

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SuperDragon

Dad was miserable yesterday with the stomach problem, he had to go Number 2. Turns out they somehow let him do that last night and from what Mom said, he went a LOT. I went in today and everything was the same, except he seemed at peace a little more. Until next time...

Steve

Hi Steve-

Going potty will definitely make you feel at peace with the world:D :D :D

Sorry I couldn't help it! It's too funny.

Glad to hear everything is working in good order.

Feels Better

Feels Better

Not only is he pissed but pooped too...:D :D Bet he feels better. Just cannot wait until he is moved out of icu where we can call him on the phone...I know it will be awhile. We really miss him Bonnie

Geeeeez Steve!
You think your dad is pissed now? Wait until he is all better and reads this thread:eek: That would be a good time for you to be on a much-deserved vacation! Otherwise you might get the you-know-what kicked out of you!

So, given the latest developments, I assuming Ross is looking a little flushed? (Sorry, couldn't resist!).

Hoping your dad feels a lot better soon,
--John
P.S. This is not an uncommon problem after surgery. I did have a nurse from hell who showed up with a HUGE steaming coffee cup full of hot prune juice, and told me I had to pretty much drink it straight down. OK, so I did that and thought that was the end of it. A few minutes later she shows up with a suppository that I'm sure was manufactered by the designers of SCUD missiles, and she says, "Roll over on your side. Afterwards, you are going to have some severe cramping, but HOLD IT FOR 40 MINUTES." Definitely one of the worst memories of my hospital stay.

Last edited:
Hi Steve, I'm really glad to see some movement in this area. It really takes a load off my mind to see your Dad overcoming this minor hurdle.

Appreciate the regular updates!

Seriously, I had this problem only after I got home and I had to do the Fleet thing. Wow, did I feel better!

See, now we all know why grandma was so obsessed with BM's, gosh darn it, they make you feel good!
I bet eveyone had problems with this post-op, darn anesthesia!

Steve- hope your dad gets out of ICU real soon, so he can take a long break on the "throne." Get him some good magazines. Reader's Digest makes good bathroom reading!

-Mara

Latest posts

Back