Thought I was done with CardioNet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Closed my account last year after moving to home testing (thanks in no small part to the members of this site). Made sure my account was up-to-date and fully paid, meter returned, all boxes checked. Surprise of the day was two bills from CardioNet for monitoring and supply charges dating back to 2022! I'm sorry, should I be paying for your inability to do basic billing and accounting?

Geez.. thought I had left this all behind but apparently not until I pay an additional $450 USD for the "privilege" of having this company fax results to my doctor. Will call them tomorrow after I calm down and see if we can straighten this out (preferably without costing me a dime). Just need to vent and know some of you are still relying on these shysters. As a precaution, I'd recommend double checking your statements and ensuring they've billed you up to the current date and credited all payments. From past experience, their accounting department is a joke and I should have known I wasn't going to get away from them so easily.

Spoke with a nice representative who, obviously, said there was nothing they could do. Even with the terribly inefficient and wasteful US healthcare system I find it hard to believe it would take 1.5 years to finally end up at BioTel/RemoteINR. My wife said to just pay them $10 per month but I want to be done with them once and for all (until the next surprise bill).

Surprise of the day was two bills from CardioNet for monitoring and supply charges dating back to 2022!
Check with your states' laws and your insurance company re: how far back they can send you a bill. In some states it's one year but others it can be longer.

thought I had left this all behind but apparently not until I pay an additional $450 USD for the "privilege" of having this company fax results to my doctor.
Seems kind of high for only 2 bills. Is this the full "non-contracted" amount that was submitted to your insurance company or the amount that you are responsible for (e.g. falls within your co-payment/deductible)?

FWIW, my wife also has been receiving back dated bills from BioTel/RemoteINR.

Check with your states' laws and your insurance company re: how far back they can send you a bill. In some states it's one year but others it can be longer.

Seems kind of high for only 2 bills. Is this the full "non-contracted" amount that was submitted to your insurance company or the amount that you are responsible for (e.g. falls within your co-payment/deductible)?

FWIW, my wife also has been receiving back dated bills from BioTel/RemoteINR.
These are seven different monitoring fees adjusted after insurance, $62.26 per line item, dating back to September 2022. I'll have to check my state and insurers bylaws on this, thanks for the suggestions.

Spoke with a nice representative who, obviously, said there was nothing they could do. Even with the terribly inefficient and wasteful US healthcare system I find it hard to believe it would take 1.5 years to finally end up at BioTel/RemoteINR. My wife said to just pay them $10 per month but I want to be done with them once and for all (until the next surprise bill).
That is the life of USA health care. Very wasteful and hard on others. Good luck in getting destressed from this.

Back