Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maisiejane

Hi all,
I haven't felt too good the past couple of days with exaggerated symptoms that I have previously discussed - Neck pain, tingling in lip, face and extremities which I can only describe as a warm blood rush! also occasional heavy feeling in my arm, intermittent chills with normal temperature, when It happens it brings on anxiety which exacerbates the symptoms, my BP is raised during these symptoms but my HR stays steady and in normal rhythm, according to my surgeon these symptoms are not my Beta Blocker as the dose is minimal but it is from the surgery because of the neck and back position and the H/L machine.
So when I felt poorly yesterday I had a session with Dr Google which sent me to another heart forum for women and I couldn't believe all these people with the same symptoms! and they had been finally diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I know it is not a diagnosis, but I am seeing my Cardiologist on the 12th May and I will discuss my symptoms with her. but has anyone else heard of this or been diagnosed? we hear a lot about pinched / damaged nerves causing numbness following surgery and are also told that it is transient but has anyone ever asked why this happens? a lot of importance is placed on the exercises we should be doing following surgery, but I am sorry to say that I didn't do them too often!
Hope you are all feeling well.
Deb x

Latest posts

Back