thinking its tiime

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmom

Headed back to doctors for my six month echo to see if its my time. Im so nervous. I feel my heart is starting to fail. I have no energy, always tired ,bp is low heart rate is up, and im tired of this waiting. I hate the anticipation that comes with this disease. part of me wants to go ahead and fix this and the other well i just want to hang on a little longer. My boy is 9 and I get afraid of not being able to be the mother he needs. I know that i got to get this done but im scared. They will have to replace two of my valves with mechanical ones. Im going to sound like a time bomb. Guess that beats the alternative. Just asking for prayers please.

Best wishes and just to remind you that when things are tough you look inside yourself and under the fear you will see the strength you have.

Brush the fears off the table and you'll see the strength you have more clearly

:)

Youngmom, you have friends here, know that. This site has been a great comfort to me, and a great source of info as my time for surgery is almost at hand. I wish you the best. Sounds like it may be time for you as well, but I'm sure your doctor will let you know if that's the case, as mine did.

Headed back to doctors for my six month echo to see if its my time. Im so nervous. I feel my heart is starting to fail. I have no energy, always tired ,bp is low heart rate is up, and im tired of this waiting. I hate the anticipation that comes with this disease. part of me wants to go ahead and fix this and the other well i just want to hang on a little longer. My boy is 9 and I get afraid of not being able to be the mother he needs. I know that i got to get this done but im scared. They will have to replace two of my valves with mechanical ones. Im going to sound like a time bomb. Guess that beats the alternative. Just asking for prayers please.

Are you trying to hold the surgery back or is the doctor? If you feel bad it's time to get this done. The longer you wait the more risk you take by not doing the surgery. The fear isn't what if you have the surgery it's what if you don't. Do it for your kids so you can be all the mom you can be.

Sounds like you have symptoms and that will mean it is indeed time. Try to get excited about the outcome (instead of dreading the surgery) - you'll feel GREAT and be able to run around with your nine year old! Good luck from down under :)

Youngmom,
I hope that by now you and your doctor have come to an understanding. Seems to me like your body is saying "it's time". So as you said the alternative to not getting your heart fixed would not be a happy one for you and your family. So, learn all you can about the sugery and recovery process and as they say "git er done".
Once you have had the surgery you will feel better and better each day and your son will love you extra amounts cause you are gonna then be 'super mom". Best Wishes To You :)

Hi there. I had my aortic valve replaced on March 6th, and besides an a-fib setback, I am doing really well. I have 2 boys, ages 3 and 18 months. The surgery was not as bad as I expected. Not a walk in the park, but you can do it! Everybody is right, you will feel a little better each day. This forum is a great source of support and comfort. Good luck to you!!

thanks for all the well wishes and advice. gonna get this done so i can move on and feel better. if any of u are on fbook please look me up wendy vinson campbell. id like to see you all in better places.lol thanks again

Youngmom, I to am in the waiting process. Interviewing (2) Surgeons week after next. I will pray for you and understand your anxiety! I am at the point now of just wanting to get the surgery done and over with. Reading here really helps with your feelings of anxiety. I haven't even needed and meds for that...thank you Lord. Know you are not alone. Praying for you Wendy.
Kim

Wendy- your fear and anxiety are completely normal. Unlike you I was asymptomatic. An EKG during my yearly physical showed an abnormality (LBBB). This led to the standard bank of tests, stress test, echo, catherization and transespochgeal echo. This revealed my horrific bicuspid aortic valve. It was extremely regurgent and restrictive. So, my heart was working overtime just trying to keep up. Your time has come. Waiting will only increase the risk of having to live with possible permanent damage. I am ten days post-op. Got home from hospital yesterday. I have a large ON-X 27 MM Aortic Valve. Occassionally I think I may hear it but, it really takes concentration and I must be in a dead quiet room. I was blessed in that my doctor's kind of choose me, fate stepped in. They were great. I can only tell you want worked for me. I was scared to death. This got me nowhere fast. Denial is equally non-productive and dangerous. I learned as much as I could about my condition. Learned as much as I could about the remedies. Learned as much as I could about my surgeon. I was lucky in that what I felt was right for me was an available solution from my surgeon. Everyone on this site is so blessed to be living in a time where the conditions we have are easily diagnosed and repaired safely, consistently and frequently. Research your surgeon and hospital. I did and had total confidence in them. You will get through this. I am not denying that it was the most difficult thing that I was put every through. It was. But, I now feel better than I have ever felt in my life and I have bearly begun the recovery process.

Latest posts

Back