The Undiscovered Country

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tnboomer1013

Just a note for everybody it won't be very long Cause we just got home. First my wife, family, and myself want to thank everyone of you for the kind words, thoughts and all those wonderful prayers. I din't get the Ross because of a problem with some arteries that he couldn't get around. So I have an eternal clock complete with sound effects. But the main thing is that he fixed evreything and we are as you all say on the other side. And what an undiscovered country it is. Again THANK THANK you all. There will be more later in more detail.

BOOMER

~j~ ~j~ ~j~

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Glad to hear from you Boomer

Glad to hear from you Boomer

So glad everything worked out for you Boomer. It's great to have it over isn't it? My husband Joe did just fine also.

Congratulations!

Hi Boomer,

Welcome home! The eternal time clock... hehehehe... You will get used to it! The clicking and thumping is new, but in time, you wont even think twice about it. Do you have a Timex, Seiko, Rolex, Casio?

Hey, This week I am working in Cleveland, TN, just outside of Chattanooga.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

Rob

Welcome Back!

Welcome Back!

Thanks for updating us.
Very glad to hear you're ok.
Sorry about the Ross (or lack of), but I always say that there is no bad procedure these days. They are all great and allow us to live a normal, healthy life.

Take it easy for the next week or so.
Tomorrow is my 3 week anniversary and I can tell you that I am amazed at how quickly I've recovered so far. I hope the same for you.

Don't push yourself too hard and don't feel bad about taking pain meds for the next week or two.
Kev

Welcome home Boomer

Welcome home Boomer

Glad to have you back safely on the other side - don't sneeze and all will be well - I keep warning people about that because I vividly remember that as being the most painful part of my recovery.

Congrats Boomer.

Up for a corny recovery story? Well anyway, here it goes....

Few days after surgery my nurse told me about one of her patients that had a mechanical valve implanted. He had not been educated and or told about the clicking. To make a long story short he was looking for a watch in his bed and in the rest of the room. Can you imagine?

Noticed my ticking for the first time in my hospital bathroom. Guess the tile makes quite an echo. To this day the same holds true.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Well, hey there, Boomer. We've been wonderin about you. You sound so great and happy. Glad to hear your voice again. As to getting used to the ticking, there's a train that goes by my house out near the highway and 12 yrs ago when I moved here, I was very disturbed, even in middle of night, but guess what? In a very short time I didn't even hear it anymore. My old hound dawg, the cat and chihuahuas don't even get bothered, altho one of the chihuahuas was out with us for a walk and the train goes past our little road, it was coming and when it reached even with the chihuahua, he turned, bared his teeth and was ready to "take it on"!

Don't forget to keep your pillow handy for awhile. When you sneeze, you just gonna know that death is near it hurts so bad! But it ain't. God bless.

Hi Boomer,

Welcome to the other side! Glad you made it. A speedy recovery to you! I never sneezed very much but I did cough a lot. Keep that pillow near and hold on tight! AHH!:) That Eternal Clicking..... You will get use to it. I hardly notice mine unless it's real quite in the house. As the saying goes "Worry if you don't hear it"

Welcome to the other side, Boomer. Just keep on ticking and everything will get better and better.

Hopefully, you won't experience how EVIL sneezing really is until much longer after surgery than for me. Everything was just going peachy and then, all of a sudden without warning, I nearly blew my head off and ripped my chest back open! God, I'll never forget that. Now, I'm almost disappointed when I sneeze cause I don't feel nothing! Shucks, I can't even get any sympathy out of my family anymore!

So glad to hear you are home safe and sound.... Keep up posted on your progress. I am learning things from everyone's experiences as we prepare for my dad's upcoming surgery.... Blessings ~~ Cindy

Hey Boomer !

Hey Boomer !

Delighted everything went well for you ..wishing you a speedy and peaceful recovery ...keep in touch
Scottie

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Now your name (Boomer) will have double meaning! Welcome to the other side!

Boomer, question. You are not the first I have read that tried to get a Ross but due to complications had a mechanical valve implanted. Was the mechanical decided ahead of time as a backup plan? Did you have a choice of valves?

Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Back