The recovery time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tex

I had my operation 4 months ago for an AVR and Mitral Valve repair, i have problems with my sterum healing together, but i was just wondering how long it takes for all your insides to heal i know everybody is different but i sat here wondering if its all healed inside.
Thanks for any help here
Thanks Jane

Another heart patient told me the other day what his surgeon told him: Cut your finger and it takes about 6 days to heal, break a bone and it takes about 6 weeks to heal, cut your heart and it will take about 6 months.

Thanks for that, it was something i never thought about before, i was more interested in my scar healing and looking better.
But after reading what you guys had said about wearing your scar with pride, that scar saved your life, and if people look and stare at it which they do, let them, at first i always wore things that hid it, but now i dont and thats thanks to you lot.
Jane

I especially love when children stare. They'll come up and ask you about it. I always enjoy telling them too.

I admire people who show their scar, but I've already bought some new clothes, and retired some others, just so that the scar won't show. I found out how few bathing suits are made with high necks!
Laura

I would imagine that men have few problems dealing w/ the scars. Whereas women might be upset at the appearance of an OHS scar. Notice how I do not claim to know anything for sure about women. I'm 62 and have learned less and less about women as time goes on. The scar on my left calf is gnarly looking. But my chest scar is nice if you ask me! I also have a great looking hernia scar and I'm going to get another one on the other side. I've never been into tatoos so scars are my new tribal thing.

I would imagine that men have few problems dealing w/ the scars. Whereas women might be upset at the appearance of an OHS scar. Notice how I do not claim to know anything for sure about women. I'm 62 and have learned less and less about women as time goes on. The scar on my left calf is gnarly looking. But my chest scar is nice if you ask me! I also have a great looking hernia scar and I'm going to get another one on the other side. I've never been into tatoos so scars are my new tribal thing.

If you ever figured them out, and wrote a book you would be richer than Donald Trump, and Bill Gates together. :eek:

Another heart patient told me the other day what his surgeon told him: Cut your finger and it takes about 6 days to heal, break a bone and it takes about 6 weeks to heal, cut your heart and it will take about 6 months.
Interesting...I had wondered, too, and sort of figured my incision mirrored the healing rate all through, but suspected that couldn't be quite right.

Chuck,
We women don't want anything that messes up our cleavage...not even a scar running in between.....hehe....I just had to mess with Ross.

At 4 months you re just starting the healing process .... At about 18 months I said "holy crap, I feel like a new chimp" .... takes time .... don't push or get discouragred.....

Back